Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jharon
Explorer
Jump to solution

Export function on Smart console greyed out

Hi Folks,

I am currently using two smart console versions r80.30 and r81 and am experiencing difficulties exporting the security policy. Whenever I click on actions, the 'Export' link is greyed out.

Was wondering if any of you experienced the same issue. If so, how was it resolved? 

Thank you,

Jamal

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Colin_Tucker
Participant

Hi,

Not sure if this will be the same but I saw a similar issue with r81 and it looks like it might be the window size. If I have the window at a size where I can see the word "Actions" the export is available - see the "export_yes.png" image.

export_yes.png

If you have your window too small it looks like the export is not available from the menu with the three dots - see the "export_no.png" image.

export_no.png

Have had several other people in the team test this and they get the same results. It's a pretty amazing difference in functionality if it's consistent.

Thanks,

Colin

View solution in original post

(1)
12 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I assume you're referring to export here:

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 8.41.45 PM.png

What permission profile does your user have?
That said, I just tried it with a Read Only user and it worked.
Suggests maybe a TAC case is in order.

0 Kudos
GrassF
Participant

Hi,

we are experiencing the same issue with R80.40 and R81. The Export for NAT is OK, but that of the Policy is greyed out.

We use to export policy each month without any issue, but now that option is greyed out. We have not made any software update since the last export.

Have you resolved the issue?

Any idea on how to solve this issue?

Thank you,

Grass

0 Kudos
Colin_Tucker
Participant

Hi,

Not sure if this will be the same but I saw a similar issue with r81 and it looks like it might be the window size. If I have the window at a size where I can see the word "Actions" the export is available - see the "export_yes.png" image.

export_yes.png

If you have your window too small it looks like the export is not available from the menu with the three dots - see the "export_no.png" image.

export_no.png

Have had several other people in the team test this and they get the same results. It's a pretty amazing difference in functionality if it's consistent.

Thanks,

Colin

(1)
cosmos
Advisor

I'm gobsmacked. A 1990's style UI fault 30 years late. I expect these kind of issues on high-DPI displays, odd display ratios and the R80 console. I also had hopes that these bugs would be gone in R81. I feel let down. Does the app still steal focus when you're in the middle of something else critical and not respond when you switch to it?

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Hi

We are looking into the issue and it should be fixed in the next major release.

Tal

_Val_
Admin
Admin

@cosmos Hi Matt, I understand you are upset, but I cannot figure the actual issue you are unhappy with. Can you please elaborate, maybe with screenshots? Is it related to something the topic-starter's reporting?

0 Kudos
cosmos
Advisor

Hey Val, it's been a while and I got prompted by some activity on this post. The issue(s) I refer to are general [UI] flaws we don't expect to see in modern products...

• Extremely large client download - is it really necessary if much of the content is web-based?
  • When busy, the console can freeze, takes over the whole screen and is unresponsive (i.e. the window expands over other apps including the taskbar, and because it is unresponsive any action will invoke the unresponsive application dialog, meaning the user cannot perform any other task on their machine until the console becomes responsive)
  • Focus stealing - if an admin switches to another app while the console is busy (i.e. very often), when the console becomes responsive or finishes a task it will steal focus and input - this is not good from a security perspective let alone usability - google it if you don't understand why
  • Other general usability bugs / exception mishandling e.g. the inability to hit "cancel" on a VS object in specific conditions that force admins to end the SmartConsole tasks
  • Awesome warnings / errors like this one (there's your screenshot)
  • 3febd8f8-09a8-468a-b099-a7e5b8d6946d.png
  • This is all R80.40, I hope these issues have been taken on board and resolved in R81 but it appears not based on this post...
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Thank you for your feedback, @cosmos 

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Hi @cosmos 

Can you please the flow in which you received the empty warning message?

Thanks

0 Kudos
GrassF
Participant

Hi Colin,

thanks for the remark. I have tested this and got the same result - the issue seems to be related to window size.

Thank you,

Grass

0 Kudos
Master4u
Explorer

It worked. Thanks

0 Kudos
Mohammed-omair
Explorer

This worked for me..I closed side window of search and it started showing Export option..Thnx

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events