Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: R80.x - Mobile User License Tool - Replaces "dtps lic"

Jump to solution

Hi Heiko -

Endpoint Security licences usually include two 'Features':

• CPSB-VPN - displays as Version: 'NGX / R70' in SmartUpdate; Feature Names of the form CPVP-VSC...
  • CPSB-FW - displays as Version: 'SoftwareBlades' in SmartUpdate; Feature Names of the form CPEP-C1... 

Your script only appears to count seats in the old-style 'NGX /R70' licences. However 'dtps lic' counts seats in the new 'SoftwareBlades' licences. The two are usually the same because most licences include both features, however if you have licences with only one feature or the other then your script and 'dtps lic' give different counts. I don't know which is more valid but I would assume that 'SoftwareBlades' licences are what matter because they are more recent.

Best regards -

Andrew Sidwell

UK Research and Innovation Network Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Heiko,

Thank you for this tool.  I was trying to understand how exactly to install and execute this tool on my CP management server.

Regards,

DK

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

More "Easy Tools"

- Easy Backup Tool - (migrate export + all GAIA configs)                   -> Easy backup of all gateway GAIA configs + migrate export with one CLI command.
- Easy execute CLI commands on all gateways simultaneously        ->  Now you can use the new command to execute bash or clish commands on all gateway simultaneously.
- Easy execute CLI commands from management on gateways        -> Easy execute CLI commands from management on gateways
- Mobile User License Tool - replaced "dtps lic"                                   -> It displays all Secure Client, SSL VPN and Mobile Access Portal licenses in total (sum) on the SMS.
- Easy View Tool - (system infos from all gateways simultaneously) -> This toll shows you quickly an overview of status information of all your gateways with only one CLI command.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Ivory

Jump to solution

Hello Heiko,

thanks for this nice tool! Valeri from Check Point found out that it is currently not counting "CPEP endpoint licenses", which are found in cplic  as CPEP-C-1+  entries. Could you please implement counting those too?

Thank you very much!
Marco