Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mick_Varney
Explorer

Does anyone know where I can download Smartupdate from ?

Does anyone know where I can download Smartupdate from ?  as having trouble updating a license in a training environment 

cplic keeps saying need to update via Smartupdate

0 Kudos
10 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

SmartUpdate is part of SmartConsole installation with R77.30 and below. If you are on R80.x, there is no such thing.

Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Valeri Loukine: WOW, I did not know it got removed 😉

I'm quite sure I used it last week to attach some licenses. In R80.x it is still in the main menu and the option is called Manage Licenses and Packages

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Licenses are now managed directly from SmartConsole. If you are interested in automated in remote and automatic package installation, look up CDT

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

I don't know how or where you get this, but If I want to control centrally managed licenses, I still need to go to top left menu Manage Licenses and Packages, which opens SmartUpdate. Even in R80.20.

Regards, Maarten
Schafi
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, or by launching "C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\SmartConsole\R80.10\PROGRAM\SmartDistributor.exe" which is the same "Smart Update" as in R77.x

You should be able to install all needed licenses and contracts over CLI

Install license on local machine:
cplic put -l <license-file>

Contracts Usage:
        cplic contract put <contract-file>

can you provide the output of cplic print -x ?

Regards
Jean-François (Schafi)
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

@Mick: Which version are you using? Can you show us a screenshot of your cplic message?

0 Kudos
Mick_Varney
Explorer

Many Thanks Every .. it was me just having a DOH ! moment . to get to Smartupdate you go from SmartConsole ->> right top menu and Manage Licenses and Packages   

Still getting use to the interface 😞

Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Per sk112874 SmartUpdate can be found here: 

SmartUpdate

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
Muscai
Explorer

Hallo, above shared info is correct, 

Now from here, just put the credential of SmartConsole and it will open a page where the License can be added removed.

Once new window opens-> top middle, there is an icon which allows to add the license from file; click on it and navigate the linense file (*.lic)

Thanks.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Yes, that feature was added in R81.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events