cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

DiagnosticsView - CPInfo Viewer

DiagnosticsView is a new Support Debug Tool  for Check Point Support Engineers.

It's a Windows application that replaces InfoView and offers a graphical representation of collected data from CPInfo.

It's layout is highly adjustable and features the general R80 style. Panels can be re-sized, dragged and re-arranged.

Thanks Check Point for developing such helpful tools for everydays support routines. InfoView was long outdated.

43 Replies
Nick_Finney
Explorer

Testing the Policy Viewer,

If you don't have an eth1 the import fails.

why do we need to add an eth1 to the vm so that the following command can succeed and the import can continue

ifconfig eth1 x.x.x.x down

[Expert@SMS:0]# echo $?

0 Kudos
Anna_Fridman
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi,

For successful Smart Console connection, the VM should have an interface with the valid license IP. For this purpose, DiagnosticsView configures eth1 with the valid license IP taken from the CPInfo file.

Currently the requirement is to have eth1 interface (not the main interface, can be down). In the future we will try to add it automatically.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
German_Khokhlo1
Explorer

Thanks a lot! 
It's a really nice tool! 
And now we need a document where all the parameters are described, for what they need and their default value. 

0 Kudos
Anna_Fridman
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi,

Please refer to DiagnosticsView sk125092 for the tool description.

Thanks.

Anna_Fridman
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi All,

We got several requests to integrate IKEView.

IKEView is a part of our future features list now.

Thanks.

Gaurav_Pandya
Advisor

Oh Great

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Thanks Anna.

Regards, Maarten
Mel_Stevenson
Explorer

Hi , only just discovered this tool as I've been out of the Check Point community for a few years.  Looks great but I get this error when trying to import a cpinfo:  "policy view error. policy view preparation failed".  It's an R77.30 cpinfo.  Can anyone advise what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
tpoole_global
Employee
Employee

This tools adds some 80.30 items as well - check it out.
0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Any update on the IKEView integration?
Regards, Maarten
Anna_Fridman
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi All,

New DiagnosticsView version has been released.
It includes CPView DB Viewer improvements. CPView DB Viewer enables chart creation of CPView history file data.
For the release notes and user guide please refer to sk125092.
For any question/feedback, please contact us by sending an email to diagnostics_view_features_box@checkpoint.com

Thanks.

DannyHoo
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi,

Would like to check does the diagnostic view support maestro setup gateways as well?

Because when we perform a test with normal gateway vs maestro gateway.
The later doesn't able to provide history interface bandwidth utilization for more than 2 days. while the normal gateway we are able to see for 30days.

Thank you and appreciate for your help in advance.

0 Kudos
Arik_Ovtracht
Employee
Employee

Hi,

In general, Maestro is supported. More specifically, DiagnosticsView depends on data from the CPview database, so if you are getting only 2 days of data then CPview must have not written the data in the first place. There could be a variety of issues which could have prevented CPview from getting/writing the data, and I can't tell from your description which of them happened in your case. 

Please feel free to contact me directly and elaborate more on your case so I can try to help.

DannyHoo
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Thanks Arik. We will try to verify on the cpview why the data isn't writing in.
Appreciate for your feedback. Will reach out in case there's assistant needed.

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events