Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Di_Junior
Advisor
Advisor

Check Point Appliance Traffic Support

Dear Mates,

I need a hand. 

We are trying to move the traffic with our partners from TDM to IP, and one of the option is to make the traffic go through our 20800 appliance. I share bellow the requirements of our backbone for voice and signalling traffic. 

I would like to know how I can determine whether my 20800 appliance can support this traffic or it will degrade its performance.

If there any documentation to can lead me to, or another way I can determine this. 

Thanks in Advance

4 Replies
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Generally (not overloaded) firewall will not any noticeable latency or packet loss - it will be <1ms. And failover time is definitely under 2s

So firewall will not be the showstopper. Your latency will be determine by how far to hosts are. Generally within the same datacentre it will be <1ms; within your local region (i.e. Europe) <50ms, intercontinental 150ms+. All depends on your carrier/ISP

0 Kudos
Di_Junior
Advisor
Advisor

HI Kaspars

Thanks for your reply.

I am talking about aTelecom company. And we already have all our users traffic going through the firewall, plus other services that we provide to our clients.

Di_Junior
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Kaspars

The partner that we wish to connect to is in Europe and we are in Africa (Angola).

0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Then firewall will be your last problem. Just actually latency between countries. All depends on your ISP

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events