cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_Val_
Admin
Admin

ChatGPT on CheckMates?

We are currently looking into the possibility of "inviting" ChatGPT into the CheckMates community. While this idea is still in discussion, and there will be some time before we can make it happen, I played with the technology a bit.

Here are some results, and they are not bad at all:

VAL: How do I check status of Check Point gateway cluster?

ChatGPT: To check the status of a Check Point gateway cluster, you can use the "cphaprob stat" command in the command line interface (CLI) of the management server. This command will display the current state of each cluster member, as well as information about the cluster's virtual IP address and sync status.
You can also use the SmartConsole GUI to check the status of the cluster by navigating to the cluster object and viewing the "General Properties" or "Cluster Members" tabs.

Additionally, you can check the status of the cluster by using the Check Point API with the command "cphaprob list" and get the cluster member state.

VAL: I have installed "Any Any accept" policy on my Check Point security gateway. but I cannot ping it. How should I troubleshoot the issue?

ChatGPT: If you have installed an "Any Any accept" policy on your Check Point security gateway but are unable to ping it, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

Verify that the security gateway is properly configured and reachable. You can do this by checking the gateway's IP address and connectivity, and by testing connectivity to the gateway from the management server or another host on the network.

Verify that the "Any Any accept" policy is properly configured and installed on the security gateway. Make sure that the rule is in the correct position in the rulebase and that it is not being overridden by a more restrictive rule.

Check the gateway's firewall log to see if there are any dropped packets or denied connections that may be related to the issue.

Check the gateway's routing table to ensure that the gateway is properly configured to forward traffic to the correct destination.

Ensure that the security gateway is configured to allow ICMP traffic through. By default, the "Any Any accept" policy does not allow ICMP traffic, you need to add explicit rule for ICMP traffic.

Check if there are any other security measures like Network Address Translation (NAT) or VPN that could be blocking the ICMP traffic.

If all the above steps have been tried, you can also try to reboot the gateway and see if that resolves the issue.

By following these steps, you should be able to identify and resolve the issue that is preventing you from pinging the security gateway.

And here is my favorite:

VAL: create a sonnet about Check Point firewalls and stateful inspection

ChatGPT:
Oh Check Point firewalls, with stateful inspection,
Thou art the gatekeepers of the network domain,
Thy packets doth inspect with precision,
And only those that pass thy validation
Shall enter into the sanctity of our system.

Thy stateful nature doth remember
All communication, both in and out,
And with thy rules doth thee govern,
To keep the network free from doubt.

Thy protection doth not falter,
For thy threat prevention doth never sleep,
But vigilant doth thee remain,
Against the malicious who would creep.

Oh Check Point firewalls, with stateful inspection,
Thou art the guardian of our cyber perfection.

What do you think, folk? It seems, this tech could help us get answers faster, and also have some fun in the process. Let us know in the comments.

(1)
45 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

If it only gave occasional erroneous answers, everyone could accept that...its definitely MORE occasional (if that term even exists lol)

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

I do admire the progress though- I've had a pretty interesting dialog with ChatGPT regarding its own capabilities, limitations and possibilities of granular dataset expansion past its training cutoff date.

Definitely will be keeping my eye on it and the other AI field entrants to see what is coming.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Always good to have an open mind about things, agreed.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

This is probably most honest answer as far as 4 major vendors comparison  🙂

Screenshot_1.png

I_Santos
Contributor

This is a very sensible opinion.

I think that ChatGPT can open up a lot of possibilities, and since it's something that is prospected for use in CheckMates in the near future, I consider that it can add a lot to support on simpler and informational issues, mainly for those who are starting with Check Point.

I also understand that the use of the tool will bring contributions from the community to develop, who knows, other better resources to be used in the future. While that day doesn't come, it's worth it for the simple fun.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Only future will tell : - )

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I had to post this, as its literally the most RIDICULOUS thing I had seen in my life. Anyway, its really only for people who play chess...not sure whether to laugh or cry at this...: - )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSCNW1OCk_M&t=216s

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnarchyChess/comments/10ydnbb/i_placed_stockfish_white_against_chatgpt_blac...

If chess could be played the way ChatGPT played it, I think I would be able to beat all chess world champions combined lol

0 Kudos
Tony_Graham
Advisor

What I got from this....ChatGPT cannot play chess and would have

been ejected from the table. It plays like the old Atari2600...just faster.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thats it, haha...faster, more stupid and way more ridiculous lol

0 Kudos
Tony_Graham
Advisor

Agreed. It did make for some great comedy.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

ChatGPT chess rating is 9999, to think thats even close to reality would be understatement of the "since the universe began" : - )

0 Kudos
Tony_Graham
Advisor

I just checked ChatGPT logs regarding that chess match.

bsod.png

0 Kudos
Sal_Previtera
Contributor

About adding sources and sources dates on ChatGPT responses?

Is the information outdated and did it come from reliable sources...

I doubt they will be able include that info for each response...the information will be greater than the actual response ...LOL 

0 Kudos
Duane_Toler
Advisor

If ChatGPT can solve our collective customers' "the Internet is slow today" support calls, then I'm all for it! 🙂

0 Kudos
Tony_Graham
Advisor

Slow is relative to the urgency of the task the end user is trying to accomplish.

If you need it NOW, it's never going to be fast enough unless the internet has

a real-time engine. If ChatGPT can provide that illusion, so be it.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Good luck with that mate LOL

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events