cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
K-R_-Trust-Net
Contributor

Cannot Open Infinity portal site on VMWare Workstation

Hi, I am a newbie in Check Point 
I cannot Access Support Center, User Center, infinity portal, checkmate portal (or any that will log me into the check point website using VMware Workstation..

They all showing me this Error.

checmates_1.png

checmates_2.png

checmates_3.png

checmates_4.png

    

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

What type of security is imposed on your host machine is this a personal PC or employer provided?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
K-R_-Trust-Net
Contributor

Hi,  This is my employer provided one.. though i am the one who installed the vmware workstation in this PC and it works when i try accessing it in the host browser.  is there some settings that i need to configure on the vmware workstation app?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Is this ONLY for cp related websites? Happens on all browsers?

0 Kudos
K-R_-Trust-Net
Contributor

I can login to gmail and go to checkpoint.com homepage.. it seems all of the log in pages for checkpoint (infinity portal, user center checkmates) are the ones affected...

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Is it possible you may have inadvertently turned on https inspection? Confirm by running enabled_blades on the firewall.

0 Kudos
K-R_-Trust-Net
Contributor

I think thats impossible, i have nothing installed here from checkpoint yet..

Im not in the guacamole environment from techpoint..

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Other security providers can also do HTTPS Inspection. Click on the certificate and show us what you see there. All CP certificates should be trusted, so this is most probably third party issue.

0 Kudos
K-R_-Trust-Net
Contributor

 Hi _Val_, is this what should i show you?

cert_vm2.png

cert_vm.png

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Compare this with what you see when accessing from the host machine, depending on the outcome it could indicate the cause is your employer's security policy/controls.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
K-R_-Trust-Net
Contributor

Hi Chris,
there is no problem accessing it on the host machine.. i can answer replies here as you see.. its just that when i try to access the sites inside the vmware workstation.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

This is the point, things allowed on the host don't automatically make them permitted on the VM when it comes to the use of certificates etc.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Of course there is something wrong. For starters, trusted CA list is incomplete. It seems the machine is missing 3 to 5 years of updates from Microsoft.

_Val_
Admin
Admin

Yes. It seems, your VM cannot validate a certificate, because it does not consider GlobalTrust a trusted CA.

That cert is 100% legit, check why GlobalTrust is not a trusted CA on your machine. It should be. Add manually, if required, and/or mark CP cert as trusted.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events