cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marcel_Wildenbe
Contributor

upgrade to R80.20 failed

Hi CheckMates,

Last night, I have tried to upgrade our MDS from R80.10 to R80.20.

I have ran into a few issues, but the most aggravating was when the installer got stuck and I had to reboot in order to get any further, the snapshot that was made by the installer was not removed and a new attempt is telling me there is no free space enough.

CP support tells me to run MDS export, do a fresh install en import, but I would like to avoid the hassle and just remove the LV.

Can I remove this Logical Volume and if so, how do I do that?

It is GAIA running on VMware 5.5. So it is using LVM for Snapshots. "show snapshots" is showing no snapshots, but lvm_manager shows me lv_fcd_new of 300 GB, non configurable, containing: Factory defaults volume, which was not present prior to the upgrade.

31 Replies
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Hi 

In this specific case it was a problem with Endpoint Management Blade.

Please check if you have Endpoint Management Policy blade enabled on your Security Management object.

If not please send me the a zipped file of /opt/CPInstLog folder from your Security Management Server.

Tal

tfridman@checkpoint.com 

0 Kudos
abb
Explorer

Hello,

I had the same problem, upgrade frozen on 48% database import. Problem was on insufficient space for snapshot. You could use sk94671 to extend space on open server vmware management, what was my case https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

Only one different is, that you need more free PE to extend space for snapshots, therefor execute vgextend and skip last step with lvm_manager - Resize lv_current/lv_log Logical Volume, then check extended free space on lvm_manager(option 1 View LVM storage overview) or gaia webgui snapshot management.

Snapshot space calculation is described on sk80260

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?action=portlets.SearchResultMainAction&eve...

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events