cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wilson_Engel
Participant
Jump to solution

r80.10 Support for 950 PRO NVMe M.2 SSD

Hi I am trying to install CheckPoint to our new server equipment and I've been provided with a Dell Optiplex 5050 with an M.2 Sata SSD as the hard drive.

Is there some issue installing to this system?

I can get to the boot screen proceed with loading all the drivers, but when it gets to the "preparing for installation" window, a message comes up that "No Driver Found".  I am prompted to either select or load a driver, but then my system hangs and I cannot proceed. 

I have tried installing a 2.5'' drive, but even still the issue occurs.

Has anyone seen this type of issue?

Regards,

-Wilson

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlekseiShelepov
Advisor

Well, this device is not in Compatible Hardware list. I think it is connected not only to SSD/HDD, but to some more hardware.

You can search "No Driver Found" error in Support Center, which could give you a couple of ideas to try - i.e. sk120375 (BIOS settings), sk92423 (issues with ISOmorphic).

Another possibility, which I see, is to virtualize this setup. It could be more difficult and time consuming to make it work, but could also bring some bonuses - easier snapshots for testing purposes.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AlekseiShelepov
Advisor

Well, this device is not in Compatible Hardware list. I think it is connected not only to SSD/HDD, but to some more hardware.

You can search "No Driver Found" error in Support Center, which could give you a couple of ideas to try - i.e. sk120375 (BIOS settings), sk92423 (issues with ISOmorphic).

Another possibility, which I see, is to virtualize this setup. It could be more difficult and time consuming to make it work, but could also bring some bonuses - easier snapshots for testing purposes.

Wilson_Engel
Participant

Thank you very much for your reply.  I am thinking it is also hardware related myself.  In this case using ECC RAM with a Server blade was going to be cost-prohibitive, so we went with a small form-factor solution.  We'd had success with a desktop system before, but now I realize that was probably just a fluke stroke of luck.  Will have to see what I can do about securing a Checkpoint tested system.

0 Kudos
Kory_Kinnett
Explorer

I see a problem right off of the bat, A 950 Pro is an NVMe drive, which will not work in an M.2 Sata port. The motherboard must support NVMe M.2's in order for the NVMe 950 Pro to work. Two technologies, one is controller driven, and the other is CPU PCIe bus driven.

0 Kudos
Kory_Kinnett
Explorer

I have a 960 Evo I could try for you, but I can get my U.2 NVMe Intel 750 series 1.2TB SSD to be fully recognized, though the drive has built-in drivers for baremetal to linux conversions.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events