Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marco_Huang1
Explorer

objects are locked but there no sessions can be takeover or published

Management server running on R80.10. I've got some objects locked by admin, but checked Session table there are no active sessions holding them.

I was using API to modifying the objects, few times the publish process was hung and "lost connection to API server". I then reboot the server. I guess this probably the cause... Does anyone have an idea how to unlock those objects? Thanks

Screenshot attached. 

screenshot showing locked object

15 Replies
Neil_ZInk
Collaborator

I came across the same issue. I had to reboot the management server to fix my issue.

0 Kudos
Ran_Kopelman
Employee
Employee

Hi Marco 

I'm Ran and I'm a manger in the R&D of Check Point, responsible for I/S in the Management Server.

First, thanks for raising this issue.

I would like to contact you in person in order to analyse this issue properly.

Dameon can you please assist 

https://community.checkpoint.com/people/dwelccfe6e688-522c-305c-adaa-194bd7a7becc

Thanks 

Ran

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I will send you Marco's details offline.

0 Kudos
burakyalcinkaya
Explorer

Hi,

I have a same issue. İs there anybody help me?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Marco_Huang1
Explorer

Thanks Ran and Dameon! I will wait for your followup.

0 Kudos
Joshua_Boerum
Participant

What was the solution for this issue? I am having a similar issue where a group on two domains are locked and there are no sessions for the user locking the object. 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I sent your contact info privately to https://community.checkpoint.com/people/ranko795bc55d-ed02-437c-a4f3-88d212bddb02

I recommend opening a TAC case on this also.

I'll see if there's a general solution we can share.

0 Kudos
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

There is a TAC case open. I need to look into the issue next week as I have no access to the system this week.

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
Natan_Chamilevs
Employee
Employee

Hi Joshua, my name is Natan and I'm a software developer in Ran's crew.

In order to investigate and solve this issue, I'd like to talk to you.

Dameon Welch Abernathy , could you please help by sending me Joshua's contact info?  

Thank you,

Natan

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It's in your inbox now Smiley Happy

Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

Marco,

You might want to dig into the session list:

psql_client cpm postgres -c "select objid,applicationname,username from worksession where not state='PUBLISHED';"

sk113955

<< We make miracles happen while you wait. The impossible jobs take just a wee bit longer. >>
Hugo_vd_Kooij
Advisor

Even more fun:

[Expert@fwmgmt:0]# psql_client cpm postgres -c "select objid,applicationname,username,numberoflocks from worksession where not state='PUBLISHED' and numberoflocks > 0;"
objid | applicationname | username | numberoflocks
--------------------------------------+---------------------------+------------+---------------
b15c8521-dfa0-4ac1-aaf0-d93c421f4807 | SmartConsole | admin-hvdk | 5
47c02486-942b-41f0-9cc3-cb68101683c7 | WEB_API | admin-hvdk | 1182
bbf33d06-de48-4c3e-bd72-43e34c7903f8 | Endpoint Security Console | admin-hvdk | 1
b90522cd-53c8-4d75-a58c-e441f77d95d4 | Endpoint Security Console | admin-hvdk | 1
6c4e69fa-92d4-44da-b377-c25390e1da01 | Endpoint Security Console | admin-hvdk | 3
5cd20dc9-6a77-4456-a733-c5bcae44e5b4 | SmartConsole | admin-hvdk | 1
(6 rows)

Then you can use the objid to discard or publish that session.

Mind you that you be careful as you do a lot of damage if you discard or publish the wrong session.

Robert_Decker
Advisor

Michael_Braun
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Has this been fixed Dameon Welch Abernathy? I have been doing some testing with the Web API and i keep running into this issue. 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I would recommend engaging with the TAC if you keep running into this issue so we can isolate and fix the issue.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events