cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nas
Contributor

location of existing image on checkpoint appliance and use of different image

Hello

Need to find out where the image is kept on checkpoint appliance when received from company.

Doing fw ver gives output what software version is running but i need finding which folder location this image is.

If i need to change image on appliance then i can transfer to appliance but which folder and what process i need follow.

thank for help

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The “software image” takes up the entire disk.

SMB appliances do have a “default” image you can revert to but it’s not meant to be accessed via the CLI.
There is a method to revert to this image (or upgrade) via the WebUI.
If you wish to replace this “factory” image, you need to boot off a prepared USB drive with the relevant image, which will also factory reset the appliance.

For non-SMB appliances, you can generally either: revert to factory defaults (done from boot menu), boot off a prepared USB drive with the image you want (reimages/resets the appliance), or follow the normal upgrade process via CPUSE/Blink to the version you desire.
You can review the relevant Install/Upgraade guide for the exact steps: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R80.40/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R80.40_Installation_and_Upgrade_Gui...

If you can provide your starting point (appliance type and version) and your desired state, more precise steps can be provided.

0 Kudos
Nas
Contributor

It will be 16000 on r80.30 to r80.40

0 Kudos
Nas
Contributor

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doShowupgradewizard

Trying to download file but i get privileges error for my account and cant see file

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Check with Account Services to confirm your account is associated with a company with a support agreement.
However, you should be able to download R80.40 from the Gaia WebUI using CPUSE and do a fresh install that way.

0 Kudos
Nas
Contributor

Yeah. Will check cpuse and try to install that way. Thank you

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events