Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Collins
Participant

how do I use a chromebook to connect to checkpoint VPN

We are looking to get about 25 Chrome books and would be very interested to hears othere people's experiences of connecting them to the Checkpoint Mobile VPN.

Is it even possible?

7 Replies
NaderAlly
Participant

No specific VPN experience with Chromebook to share.

- What kind of VPN access are you looking to provide?

- What type of application will be accessed remotely?

- Do you need to run any control/scan on your devices prior on giving them access?

- Will you use any 2 factor authentication method?

Depending on your Chromebook version and whereas it supports Linux and/or Android app, you might be able to use Check Point Capsule VPN and/or Mobile Access Web Portal.

For more information please see sk67820 and sk65144

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Neither application is supported for Chrome OS. 

Michael Collins‌, I am afraid Chromebooks are not the best candidates to use with Check Point RA VPNs. Browser based SSL VPN might work, but it is not officially supported for the platform you want to use.

0 Kudos
Michael_Collins
Participant

I was able to install the Capsule app and connect to the VPN without issue - with the chrome OS native file manager I was then able to attach to our Windows server.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

That is great news. However, please talk to your local Check Point office to make sure this configuration is supported. Last time I have checked, Capsule App was supported for android only, and not Chrome OS

0 Kudos
Michael_Collins
Participant

Do I need it to be supported if it works?

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

You need it to be officially supported if you want to use it in production. If it works, good, but if it breaks or causes issues, and you need to open a support call to fix it... Then it has to be officially supported

0 Kudos
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

tried already few times on Chrome OS and Chrome browser and SNX won't come up (Java incompat.?) or something like that. Tried SNX and MAB with WebApps. Whilst WebApps works perfect via Chrome, SNX - no way. Shame as it is really a fast pace way of using a NetBooks these days.

just my 5 cents.

Jerry

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events