cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fmroyan
Explorer

.elg file within $FWDIR/log/

Hi 

I'm wondering if these file could be deleted without any consequences.

elglog.jpg

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Probably, given it's a bug that's causing them to not get automatically deleted.
https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?action=portlets.SearchResultMainAction&eve...
0 Kudos
Daniel_Kavan
Advisor

How about mq_mng.elg in R81.10 JHF 109?  This file keep growing.

-rw-rw---- 1 admin root 1110719800 Oct 3 15:21 mq_mng.elg

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Personally, I would think any .elg file could be deleted, as its not really database related...but, maybe better get confirmation from TAC, as I could be mistaken.

Andy

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

.elg files are plaintext logs.
They can generally be removed safely, though it will probably require a cpstop to do.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

To add to my last response, I remember few years ago, though in all fairness, customer was not CP familiar at all, they knew Cisco very well and we had same issue as what you described and TAC person was on the phone and yea, it was very late, but thank God I did what they suggested in my lab first, because they mitakenly asked customer to delete some additional files and had they done so, it would have been a disaster, to put it bluntly.

But, I tested it in the lab, removed ONLY .elg files needed and it worked fine afterwards. Man, EVE-NG is so golden, youcan literally spin any fw in 5 mins.

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events