Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kb1
Collaborator
Jump to solution

can anyone share a document related to troubleshooting of management servers?

Was on a troubleshooting session with checkpoint and she seemed to use a bunch of complicated commands which i could not make notes of for the management server, apparently there was a solr service issue with the primary server and she issued a bunch of commands to find that out and then ultimately restart that process(there was also apparently a problem with cpm and she found that out by issuing another complicated command since when i used cpwd_admin list it showed cpm running so this part confuses the heck out of me) and then used a lot of other commands to make sure the servers are successfully synced with each other, so would be helpful if i get a document(im assuming all of this is CCSE level) that would state all complicated commands along with the explanation.

Regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lari_Luoma
Ambassador Ambassador
Ambassador
5 Replies
Nick_Doropoulos
Advisor

Hello,

Have a look at the link below which outlines pretty much most commands for management servers:

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R80.30/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R80.30_CLI_ReferenceGuide/html_fram...

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
kb1
Collaborator

is there any other guide? because i dont see some of the commands that she used like checking the cpm.elg process and there is this trial (not sure if it was trial or something else)command she used for checking the solr process,etc,  cannot find these commands in the guide.

0 Kudos
Nick_Doropoulos
Advisor

May I ask what was the blade involved during the troubleshooting process? Was it Endpoint management by any chance?

0 Kudos
kb1
Collaborator
its the sm-1 225 series of appliances running R80.20, 2 servers running in cluster and the issue was with the primary mgmt server.
0 Kudos
Lari_Luoma
Ambassador Ambassador
Ambassador

See below:

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

To check if the cpm is up and running run:

$FWDIR/scripts/cpm_status.sh

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events