Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan_Roddy
Collaborator

Version, Build, Incremental Build, Hotfix, Take, Jumbo Hotfix?

40 years in IT has not prepared me to understand the software version schemes used by Checkpoint but I am trying.

Please help me understand this taken from sk119612

"Unless stated otherwise, every R80.10 SmartConsole Build in this article including R80.10 GA SmartConsole build can be used as a GUI client for each R80.10 Jumbo HotfixTake and for R80.10 General Availability."

OK, here is a list of builds 'in this article' :  (Is there a hiden 'unless otherwise stated' in the sk?)

073, 056, 042, 029, 024, 013, 005, 001

So, my current Smart Console version R80.10 Build is: 991140056 but really just 056.

My gateways are R80.10 Jumbo Hotfix (Take 121) so should I have Smart Console Build 073 or is it ok to stick with 056?

However,  MaxPower second edition says to make sure I'm running the latest version of SmartConsole.

Thank you,

Dan

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

As Tim said, it's a good idea to be using the latest SmartConsole, which fixes bugs that are (mostly) independent of the management server.

You will see that a few fixes require a specific patch level to be applied to the server, as noted in the SK: R80.10 SmartConsole Releases 

0 Kudos
AlekseiShelepov
Advisor

It's ok to stick with 056 build of SmartConsole, but it would be better to install 073 build.

You can see yourself the list of resolved issues for each build. Do you want these points to be fixed? Maybe some smaller bugs were fixed and optimizations implemented.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events