cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Avigdor_Sharon
Contributor
Jump to solution

Using DBEDIT in R80

I have worked with DBEDIT, can I continue using this tool in R80?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Eyal_Balla
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

As in R80 the database has moved to a new architecture, DBEdit will not have the same functionality as it did before R80.

Most of the functionality is available via APIs where syntax is clear and documented see Check Point - Management API reference

Never the less, if you are referring to the ability of viewing and editing low level objects, a new tool will be available to do that.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Eyal_Balla
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

As in R80 the database has moved to a new architecture, DBEdit will not have the same functionality as it did before R80.

Most of the functionality is available via APIs where syntax is clear and documented see Check Point - Management API reference

Never the less, if you are referring to the ability of viewing and editing low level objects, a new tool will be available to do that.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Wouldn't most of the functionality that you would previously do in dbedit be available via CLI, albeit with new syntax?

That said, there are a lot of customers who have developed their own dbedit scripts over the years (I helped a few of them) and we need to be clear about whether or not dbedit will actually be supported (and to what extent) in R80.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events