Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DH2019
Explorer

Upgrading Check Point standalone appliance to R80.10

Hi All,

The appliance is 12400. The current version is R77.30. I would like to know:

1. The hardware requirement -- need upgrade ram to totally 8GB?

2. The detail upgrade guide -- as I checked the checkpoint website, they recommend using CPUSE. Will the CPUSE upgrade the gateway and management too?

Please Help. Thanks all.

Ricky

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Dmitry_Krupnik
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hello Ricky,

1) According to the limitation, described in the sk68700,  you need to update the RAM on 12400 model to at least 8 GB for standalone configuration

2) According to the "Installation and Upgrade Guide R80.10", the "Upgrading Gaia Security Management Server and Standalone" section:

"Upgrades from R77.x to R80.10 are supported with:

• CPUSE - In-place upgrade of the Security Management Server.
  • Advanced migration - Export of the database from the source R77.x Security Management Server and import to the target 80.10 Security Management Server.

Note - After the upgrade of the Security Management Server is complete, make sure to run Install Database."

Could you help me to understand, why do you want to do upgrade to R80.10, not to R80.20?

Regards,

Dmitry Krupnik

0 Kudos
DH2019
Explorer

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am not sure whether I can upgrade the firewall to R80.20 directly. Therefore, plan to upgrade R80.10 first.

Thanks again.

Ricky.

0 Kudos
Dmitry_Krupnik
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hello Ricky,

You can perform upgrade from R77.30 to R80.20 directly by CPUSE. Please take a look at the "Installation and Upgrade Guide R80.20", the "Upgrading a Standalone from R80.10 and lower with CPUSE" section.

Regards,

Dmitry Krupnik

0 Kudos
DH2019
Explorer

Hi Dmitry,

Thanks very much for your reply!

Ricky

0 Kudos
DH2019
Explorer

Hi,

One more question, what if I have a management appliance smart-1 205. And I will upgrade the ram size to 16GB of the smart-1 205.

Do I still need to upgrade the ram for 12400 security gateway? The current ram size is 4 GB.

Thanks

Ricky

0 Kudos
Dmitry_Krupnik
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hello Ricky,

The 12400 GW (not Standalone) configuration with 4Gb RAM is supported in the R80.20/R80.10.

But any case, I would like to recommend to validate the free RAM in the R77.30 state (by cpview, for example).

Regards,

Dmitry Krupnik

0 Kudos
DH2019
Explorer

Hi,

Thanks very much for you reply!

Ricky

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

8GB of RAM is a minimum for standalone. If you can afford to get more RAM, you will have a better experience.
0 Kudos
DH2019
Explorer

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events