Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michel_B
Participant

Upgrade with non-Unicode characters

I have a R77.30 that I'd like to upgrade to R80. When I run the pre_upgrade_verification tool it comes back with the error "Objects with non-Unicode characters" in the tables network_objects and sem_network_objects. I went through the object names of every item in both tables but couldn't find a non-unicode character. I don't want to use non-unicode characters anyway, so I'd change them to be compatible if I knew which objects we're talking about. How can I find out which object exactly causes this issue?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

sk114739 provides the solution and utility you are looking for.

JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

Hello,

sk114739 doesn't provide solution, just workaround.
The original question was how to FIND those objects.
If the pre-verified was able to identify them, why not simply show all the objects which contains non-Unicode characters ?

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Well, in my Check Point Support Tools - Top 10 you'll find a tool called Confwiz that easily exports all R77.30 objects into XML files. You can very easily grep for Non-Unicode characters with any advanced Text Editor.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Confwiz is definitely "not supported" anymore, though I guess it will still work for the task. Seems like this is an area for improvement, though.
0 Kudos
Falk
Explorer

Hi,

So the Easiest way to get these nasty non unicodes are the confwiz?
We have tried to run the regex's against the mgmt backup objects_5_0.C, but no cigar.

Is the confwiz a readonly tool?

--
Kind Regards Falk

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events