cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_C1
Advisor

Upgrade tools package (sk135172) and Log exporter

Hi again,

In our lab environment, we successfully upgraded from R80.20 to R80.40 with a clean install using the new upgrade tools in sk135172 to export and import our management database. One item that did not come through was our configuration for the log Exporter. Is this expected and is there a way to export the configuration for the log exporter (including all the certificate files used for encryption)?

Thanks

Dave

2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I believe this is expected behavior yes, and it's even documented in the installation and upgrade.
See discussion here: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Logging-and-Reporting/Last-step-is-missing-in-R80-40-Upgrade-Doc...
0 Kudos
David_C1
Advisor

Thanks for pointing this out, not sure how I missed it. Today, we successfully upgraded our management servers from R80.20 to R80.40 using Advanced Upgrade procedure (clean install from USB). Everything went well, I used the cp_log_export reconf command which worked...sort of.  The updated log exporter was trying to access the certificates used for encryption in the old directory, and I then had to recopy the certificates to the new directory. I then ran the command to update the config for the exporter and everything was good.

Dave

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events