cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kirupa_Shankar_
Explorer

Upgrade from R77.30 to R80.10

Hi All,

We are planning to upgrade our checkpoint environment from R77.30 to R80.10 and would like to hear opinions from experts in this community. Below are our environments.

2 MDS (Smart1 3050) in HA pair with 3 CMA's and each has around 10+ clusters.

1 MLM (Smart1 3050) 

We prefer upgrading using CPUSE. Can anyone guide on the safest process to have a smooth migration of the above devices ? 

Thanks in advance and appreciate your time.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

It's fully supported according to R80.10 release notes. Cpuse should work as well although many here prefer the clean start with upgrade export / import option. Look at the advanced upgrade in R80.10 upgrade guide.

I personally would recommend RAM upgrade if you have default 32GB. But it should work, all depends on your object count on rulebase size.

0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

I (and many others I spoke with) prefer a fresh installation of R80.20 instead of CPUSE. This is a little more work to import the configurtion back onto the freshly installed appliances but it's definately worth it. Espcially in more complex environments like yours. The workflow is fairly simple > export config > fresh install > import config > test

0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

BTW by upgrading to R80.20 with fresh install you will get faster file system on your management Smiley Happy

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The other benefit to this approach is you can test your upgrade in a VM or similar before you do it.

This will allow you to identify potential issues that might not be caught in the upgrade verifier.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events