cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Myo_Min_Zaw
Contributor

Upgrade Splat R77.30 in Smart1-5 to Gaia R88.10 in Smart1-410

Hi Expert,

I am doing for one project Upgrade from Splat R77.30 in Smart1-5 production appliance to Gaia R88.10 in new Smart1-410.

Please kindly advice it how to better way to upgrade for this above scenario. I am not able to find for the correct image at CP user center of Upgrade wizard guide.

From my approach is as per below:

1.  Export migrate-export command from Splat R77.30 Smart1-5 of production appliance.

2.  Import migrate-import command directly to Gaia R88.10 in Smart1-410 of new appliance.

Please kindly advice it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Vato_Chantladze
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Myo!

You mean Gaia version R80.10, is not?

BR

0 Kudos
Myo_Min_Zaw
Contributor

Yes. R80.10.. Typo error

0 Kudos
Demith_Samaraw2
Contributor

migrate-export and migrate import should work fine and will be the quickest path as well

make sure you use the R80.10 migrate tools on R77.30 to export the configuration.

0 Kudos
Myo_Min_Zaw
Contributor

Demith,

Thanks for your comment and reply.

Regard your mention that as per below tools?

Support, Support Requests, Training, Documentation, and Knowledge base for Check Point products and ... 

Support, Support Requests, Training, Documentation, and Knowledge base for Check Point products and ... 

For my option is 3rd option, SecurePlatform Linux tool?

Remark.

Base on my understand that this is pre-upgrade verifier tools, am i right? cause never tried in Splat to Gaia version b4.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Demith_Samaraw2
Contributor

Yep, you can download those tools or you can copy them from the R80.10 ISO 

Mount the CheckPoint R80.10 CD in R77.30
mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
Copy the upgrade tools into
gtar xvfz /mnt/cdrom/linux/upgrade_tools/linux/p1_upgrade_tools.tgz -C /var/opt/export_tools

0 Kudos
Myo_Min_Zaw
Contributor

Thanks a lot!!!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events