cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kamil_Kolo
Participant
Jump to solution

Updating to R80.20 Jumbo Hotifx Take 87 loses SSH capability

When I updated the management server to R80.20 Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator General Availability (Take 87), I lose the ability to SSH to the Management server. I can gain the access to the SSH login, but as soon as I enter the "login as:" credential, it immediately closes the putty session. 

Please keep in mind that this environment is in AWS and requires a ppk file (putty generated private key from pem file) in order to access the SSH session. Is there some kind of error with a known hosts file with putty sessions or some other issue that I am running into? 

The session drops after this and never enters the cli prompt:snap.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
liadl
Explorer

Hi Kamil Koro,

The next  R80.20 Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator will contain the fix for the ssh connection issue.

In the meantime, there is an sk213213 for a temporary solution until the next jumbo with the fix is released.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
You'd have to look at the logs to see exactly why it is failing.
Which is difficult to do when you can't ssh to the gateway, I realize.
In which case, you might try using something like this to set a password from SmartConsole: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/General-Management-Topics/Forgot-admin-password-in-CLI/m-p/56792...
0 Kudos
liadl
Explorer

Hi Kamil Koro,

The next  R80.20 Jumbo Hotfix Accumulator will contain the fix for the ssh connection issue.

In the meantime, there is an sk213213 for a temporary solution until the next jumbo with the fix is released.

Kamil_Kolo
Participant

Thank you for providing the temporary solution. Followed the steps in the sk article and it worked.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events