Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alan_Kong
Participant

Unable to install CheckPoint VPN E80.83

Failed to install checkpoint VPN e80.83 on windows 10 pro. I encountered this error:

Error 26630. Failed to copy driver

While installing virtual network adapter and installling network driver. Previously I had some virtual network adapter issue in e80.82 and wanted to resolve it by installing e80.83.

i am the administrator for the system so I do not understand why I cannot install the program. Any help would be greetly appreciated.

9 Replies
Kim_Moberg
Advisor

Please try this

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

1. Disable User Account Control (UAC).

(Note: User Account Control (UAC) is a technology and security infrastructure introduced with Microsoft's Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 operating systems. It aims to improve the security of Microsoft Windows by limiting application software to standard user privileges until an administrator authorizes an increase or elevation. In this way, only applications trusted by the user may receive administrative privileges, and malware should be kept from compromising the operating system. In other words, a user account may have administrator privileges assigned to it, but applications that the user runs do not inherit those privileges unless they are approved beforehand or the user explicitly authorizes it.)

2. Run: msiexec /i "C:\<location of EPS.msi>\EPS.msi" /L*V C:\MSI_install.log /qb! USERINSTALLMODE=5

(What this command will do is forcefully install the file with the most powerful rights available to the user. It is also going to create an install file detailing the steps of the installation at C:\MSI_install.log. If the issue is not solved upload this file to Check Point Support.)

Best Regards
Kim
0 Kudos
Alan_Kong
Participant

Kim Moberg‌  

Installation still fails. I had disabled UAC via registry: By turning EnableLUA to 0. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

Executed this command: msiexec /i "C:\<location of EPS.msi>\EPS.msi" /L*V C:\MSI_install.log /qb! USERINSTALLMODE=5

0 Kudos
Kim_Moberg
Advisor

Allan,

What did the log file tell you? Any errors in the msi_install.log log file?

Executed this command: msiexec /i "C:\<location of EPS.msi>\EPS.msi" /L*V C:\MSI_install.log /qb! USERINSTALLMODE=5

How do you install the endpoint client on your machine. Basically if you could write the steps it could be helpful.

BR

Kim

Best Regards
Kim
0 Kudos
Alan_Kong
Participant

Kim Moberg

I downloaded E80.83_CheckPointVPN.msi and installed using this msi.

I disabled windows defender, antivirus, firewall, UAC before installation.

When I install during the installation process, when it is installing driver for network and install virtual network driver, it encounter error 26630 and roll back. It says it can not access some files in the system.

In MSI_install.log

I have the following errors.

DEBUG: Error 2769: Custom Action InitClientSubType did not close 11 MSIHANDLEs.
The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2769. The arguments are: InitClientSubType, 11,
CustomAction InitClientSubType returned actual error code 1603 but will be translated to success due to continue marking

<11 Jun  8:56:02.740> <ExtractInternalFilesToTempDir> Failed to MsiViewFetch with error number 259 (LangPack1.xml section) (Error code:259)No more data is available.

DEBUG: Error 2769: Custom Action OnBegin.2C0EAE67_7A1D_43BF_B3D9_476098DF60F5 did not close 59 MSIHANDLEs.
The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2769. The arguments are: OnBegin.2C0EAE67_7A1D_43BF_B3D9_476098DF60F5, 59,

DEBUG: Error 2769: Custom Action UnloadGUI did not close 6 MSIHANDLEs.
The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2769. The arguments are: UnloadGUI, 6,

DEBUG: Error 2769: Custom Action StopTracService.2C0EAE67_7A1D_43BF_B3D9_476098DF60F5 did not close 2 MSIHANDLEs.
The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2769. The arguments are: StopTracService.2C0EAE67_7A1D_43BF_B3D9_476098DF60F5, 2,
MSI (s) (38:AC) [08:56:05:529]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=StopServices,Description=Stopping services,Template=Service: [1])
CustomAction StopTracService.2C0EAE67_7A1D_43BF_B3D9_476098DF60F5 returned actual error code 1603 but will be translated to success due to continue marking

<11 Jun  8:56:39.586> <ChangeWSCSVCStartupType> Failed to run sc config wscsvc start= auto - error:183

<11 Jun 8:56:39.596> <Change Characteristics KeyValue ERROR> Can't Query ComponentId Value at Subkey Configuration

<11 Jun 8:56:39.598> <Change Characteristics KeyValue ERROR> Can't Query ComponentId Value at Subkey Properties

DEBUG: Error 2769: Custom Action install.2C0EAE67_7A1D_43BF_B3D9_476098DF60F5 did not close 63 MSIHANDLEs.
The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2769. The arguments are: install.2C0EAE67_7A1D_43BF_B3D9_476098DF60F5, 63,
MSI (s) (38:AC) [08:56:39:603]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=InstallServices,Description=Installing new services,Template=Service: [2])
CustomAction install.2C0EAE67_7A1D_43BF_B3D9_476098DF60F5 returned actual error code 1603 but will be translated to success due to continue marking

Rename to temp file failed. error is 32
error deleting old vsdatant.sys file
return value: 1

CA: OnInstallDriverFinish: End of output of the command: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\ZoneLabs\vsdrInst.exe -g C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\ZoneLabs\vsdatant.inf
CA: OnInstallDriverFinish: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Zonelabs\vsdatant.sys (9.26.0.972)
CA: OnInstallDriverFinish: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\vsdatant.sys (9.26.0.884)
CA: OnInstallDriverFinish: Upgrading driver files.
CA: OnInstallDriverFinish: DeleteFile: Cannot delete C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\vsdatant.sys
CA: OnInstallDriverFinish: Failed to delete C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\vsdatant.sys. Error: 32. Triyng to replace using ReplaceFile
CA: OnInstallDriverFinish: Failed to copy driver. Error: 32
CA: OnInstallDriverFinish: HandleError: An installer error occured.

Loading error information from msi database -- Failed to open database
The operation completed successfully.

Source of error: .\FeatureTVDriver.cpp(185)
Last Windows error = #0, The operation completed successfully.

MSI (s) (38!18) [08:56:41:465]: Product: Check Point VPN -- The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 26630. The arguments are: , ,

MSI (c) (48:E4) [08:56:39:814]: Font created. Charset: Req=0, Ret=0, Font: Req=MS Shell Dlg, Ret=MS Shell Dlg

The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 26630. The arguments are: , ,
CA: OnInstallDriverFinish: MsiProperty CustomActionError =
CA: OnInstallDriverFinish: Update MsiProperty: CustomActionError=YES (old value=)
CA: OnInstallDriverFinish: Error updating property: CustomActionError
MSI (s) (38:44) [08:56:41:470]: Leaked MSIHANDLE (4935) of type 790531 for thread 13080
MSI (s) (38:44) [08:56:41:470]: Note: 1: 2769 2: OnInstallDriverFinish.6B6E64A3_4478_4297_9CD9_3D71DBCD974A 3: 1
CA: OnInstallDriverFinish: HandleError: HandleError finished.
DEBUG: Error 2769: Custom Action OnInstallDriverFinish.6B6E64A3_4478_4297_9CD9_3D71DBCD974A did not close 1 MSIHANDLEs.
The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2769. The arguments are: OnInstallDriverFinish.6B6E64A3_4478_4297_9CD9_3D71DBCD974A, 1,
CustomAction OnInstallDriverFinish.6B6E64A3_4478_4297_9CD9_3D71DBCD974A returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

I had attached the log file for referenced.

I also notice that there are some network driver issue in my Computer as well. I had a lan connection via ethernet cable with another computer and this is not working at the moment. I had set up RDP but its not working at the moment now. The only thing working is Docker virtual network and Vmware network on my computer. I had did a windows update 1803 and i believe this might have screw up some configuration in the computer.

What is my best course of action now?

Alan_Kong
Participant

Kim Moberg‌ any update on this issue?

0 Kudos
Kim_Moberg
Advisor

I have to ask. 

Did you just download the msi file and run it?

You have to import it first into the endpoint mgmt server. Defind your policy and then export the file as EPS.msi which you then can run from any machine. Or export a initial endpoint client (14 MB) which auto connect to the endpoint mgmt server, and from there you can push your policy to a machine group or individuelle machines.

Best Regards
Kim
0 Kudos
Alan_Kong
Participant

Hi Kim, yes I just run the msi file. I am not in control of the endpoint mgmt server. Currently what is happening is we were required to install the Checkpoint Endpoint VPN client to access the VPN setup by our client by the use of username and password. So this is likely the later case. The issue I have might be related to some corrupted virtual network adapter or the network adapter itself. I am currently trying to update the intel network connection driver to see if I can install the client successfully. I had also disable Hyper V for now so that it does not interface with any network issue.

Jan_Kleinhans
Advisor

Hello,

we had the same problem with E8090 . We fixed it by using the Zonalarm Cleaner which kills all references to vsdatant.sys.

After using this tool we can reinstall the Checkpoint Endpoint Connect Client.

Regards,

Jan

JoeriDeValck
Explorer

Hello,

Where can I download this ZoneAlarm Cleaner? I have exactely the same issue since E82.20 on W10 1909.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events