cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pramod
Explorer

Unable to Sync Management server

Hi Team,

We have a Management HA setup.But unable to sync with secondary MGMT.

Connectivity is fine between the Mgmt servers.

Earlier there was no SIC communication  between primary and secondary mgmt server.

After resetting SIC,both were in Sync for some time and then after some time facing the same issue.Getting error failed to initialize CA in Smart Console.

I have checked with command #cpstat ca on both Mgmt servers.It shows zero(0) CA record on primary Mgmt.

After restarting CP services twice it came up but again same error after some time.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Daniel_Taney
Advisor

Have you performed any upgrades to the versions of the Mgmt servers recently?

I've always had weird issues with Management HA after performing major version upgrades. Usually, I have to upgrade the Primary and then rebuild the secondary from scratch. (Standby is a VM in my case, so its not as bad if it were a physical)

At one point, I think TAC told me CPUSE in-place-upgrades of the Secondary Management servers technically wasn't supported and building a new secondary was the supported upgrade path for Management HA. I don't know if that is 100% the case or not, someone can feel free to correct me.

R80 CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
nagaraja_cs
Contributor

Hi Team,

There was no recent up-gradation.

Attached the screenshots for reference.

0 Kudos
nagaraja_cs
Contributor

Hi Team,

Any suggestions ?

0 Kudos
Daniel_Taney
Advisor

Are these servers on the same Layer 2 LAN? Or does the traffic pass through one, or multiple, Firewall interfaces? If its going through Firewalls, did you check your logs for any unexpected drops?

R80 CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
nagaraja_cs
Contributor

Hi Daniel,

Both the management servers are on the same network.

It will not go through any firewall.

First of all,CA is fluctuating,it goes down and come up automatically.Attached screenshot in my last update.

0 Kudos
Ofer_Barzvi
Employee
Employee

Hi Daniel,

Indeed when upgrading from R7x to R80.x, it's required to do clean install of the Secondary Management Server and synchronize the database from the Primary Server, but this isn't required anymore when upgrading from R80.x

Best Regards,

Ofer

Daniel_Taney
Advisor

Thank you for clarifying! That will save me from extra steps in the future.

R80 CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Strongly suggest getting the TAC involved here
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events