cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffp
Explorer
Jump to solution

URL Filtering - Uncategorized Category

Hi -  We have been hit with a number of targeting phishing emails lately and although our users are trained there are still times when one of them will click a link that they shouldn't.

We have noticed that most if not all of the domains that are being used are newly registered which leads us to believe that using the URL filter and blocking the "Uncategorized" category would prevent our users from reaching the site.

Are any of you blocking the "Uncategorized" category ?

If you are blocking the "Uncategorized" category are you having problems with users not being able to access legitimate sites?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lesley
Advisor

Sk's says differently 🙂 

https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk98489

Do the procedure below if the URL Filtering database miscategorizes a URL. This procedure changes the categories of the URL. 

Important Notes

• Check Point handles the categorization / re-categorization request (submitted through the URL Categorization page) within 24 hours.
  • There is no SLA for a URL categorization / re-categorization request submitted through a Service Request with Check Point Support.
  • There is no SLA for a URL categorization / re-categorization submitted through UserCheck.
-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
Blocking the "uncategorized" category is something many organizations do.
It does mean you may need to make some exceptions for some end users, of course.

We do offer Zero-Phishing as a specific protection on the Endpoint, which might be something else to consider here.
0 Kudos
Daniel_Kavan
Advisor

There used to be an option to request a URL be unblocked when you go to create a service request.  But that feature has been removed today, I used it yesterday.   I need to categorize subscription.rhsm.redhat.com 

Then you get an email from Check Point after you request a category change. For example, Check Point URL Categorization Request [5d91f721-687d-4b88-af58-3292dc4d]

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hm, I never seen that option before...you mean when creating TAC case via support site?

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
Lesley
Advisor

You can do that without a ticket: https://urlcat.checkpoint.com/urlcat/

Way more easy

-------
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

True, BUT, I had TAC tell me before its way better and faster if its requested via the official case.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
Lesley
Advisor

Sk's says differently 🙂 

https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk98489

Do the procedure below if the URL Filtering database miscategorizes a URL. This procedure changes the categories of the URL. 

Important Notes

• Check Point handles the categorization / re-categorization request (submitted through the URL Categorization page) within 24 hours.
  • There is no SLA for a URL categorization / re-categorization request submitted through a Service Request with Check Point Support.
  • There is no SLA for a URL categorization / re-categorization submitted through UserCheck.
-------
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Its probably different now, though this was 3-4 years ago, most likely it would have been faster through TAC back then. Good news is that most major fw vendors categorize the sites about the same, so there is rarely need to re-categorize anything 🙂

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events