cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve_Vowles
Participant
Participant

UDM server with R80.10 Management

Has anyone installed User and Device Management (UDM) portal working with a separate Management server?

That is MDM on one VM and Main Management server separate to that.

From what I read it is a supported option and from HF4 is meant to work with R80.10.

However the documentation is dreadful and I cannot see how the two boxes communicate (for R80.10 the API is mentioned, but I cannot see how the UDM knows about it's separate Management Server. There is a config file to point it at a CMA/Management, but not a standard Smartcenter.

Steve V.

5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

0 Kudos
Steve_Vowles
Participant
Participant

I did follow that, but the permissioned user it talks about creating did not seem to work on the UDM login.

TAC eventually helped by creating a user through cpconfig which seemed to then allow the log in to work and after that is was plain sailing.

I don't know why it did not go with a smartdashboard created admin, but will put it down to trying these things on a Friday afternoon:-_ 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

We do plan to make it simpler and installable on top of R80.x later in the year.

GabrielKunzer
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Is there any informational update for the plan with UDM for R80.x?

Ben_Dunkley
Contributor

Any further word on what's planned/happening with UDM and R80.x these days?

(The last official update seems to have been 'something happening later in 2018').

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events