cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roy_Smith
Collaborator

Smartview Monitor accuracy

Hi

I'm just wondering how accurate some of the stats on Smartview Monitor are. When I look at certain stats or information, there seems to be some inconsistencies and inaccuracies compared to cli tools.

We have 2 VSX clusters at 2 separate sites. Remote Access VPN users can connect via either site. For each cluster 1 member is the active member for the RA VS. For Cluster1, the Active Tunnels Count in Gateway Status > VPNs is the same as if when I run "fw tab -t userc_users -c" at the cli. For Cluster2, the tunnels count is a lot higher than the figure at the cli, sometime twice as much. The cli figure shows the correct number of users connected. Also for this cluster, the figures are different between the 2 members. If I reboot one member, the inaccurarcy remains. If I reboot both members at the same time, the stats are cleared but after a few days, are inaccurate again. 

Another issue is with AD Query Status in Smartview Monitor. Again for some gateways, it reports correct figures but for others I just see a blank page when I look at the Gateway > Identity Awareness > AD Query Status. However when I look on the cli of these gateways "adlog a statistics" shows the statistics i would expect to see. 

The second issue is not really a big deal but the first one is starting to be, now that we have a much increased number of users working from home and relying on VPN. When we were on R80.10, we saw issue 2 but not issue 1. Since upgrading to R80.30, we still see issue 2 and now issue 1. All management and VSX clusters are running R80.30 with JHF140.

So, are these issues indicative of problems on the gateways or just cosmetic issues in the way there displayed in Smartview Monitor?

Thanks
Roy

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

RA users count is NOT working properly anymore in R80.xx It just shows numbers that are way higher than the number shown on the CLI, this was mentioned in a couple of posts earlier this week.

Ad Query information, how are the figures in the SmartConsole monitor? Go to the Gateways and servers screen, click the gateway and in the lower part of the screen click monitor. Check the AD query information there.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Roy_Smith
Collaborator

Maarten

I feel a bit of noob now, as I have just seen what I was doing wrong when looking at the AD Query stats in Samrtview. I was looking at the standby cluster member. If I look at the active member, I see the stats fine but if I look at the standby, I don't because adlog does not run on the standby member. Duh!

As for RA users count, any idea if this will get fixed. This was a useful stat for us and even more so during the present crisis. 

Roy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Please open a TAC case on the Remote Access counts not being correct in SmartView Monitor.
0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

I opened a SR ticket for it and was just told that it sounds like a cosmetical issue.
That's also a reason why I wrote a One-liner for Remote Access VPN Statistics.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events