cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patrick_Tuttle1
Collaborator

SmartUpdate - slow and hangs with R80.20

Hello Checkmates;

Trying to use Smart update (Smart Distributor) on R80.20 Take 33 and its extremely slow to scroll through the screens. At times just hangs. When clicking on anything it can take 20 to 30 seconds to select it.  

We also just discovered that when selecting the tab " get gateway data" that we get "Execution Error" on all gateways that are not R80.20

Everything else seems to work fine.

We don't believe this was ever working since we upgraded to R80.20.

Is Smart update not supported in R80.20 ?

-pat

0 Kudos
8 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What tasks are you trying to use SmartUpdate for?

Really, the only thing it is useful for is managing licenses/contracts.

For upgrading and installing packages, you either use CPUSE or CDT.

Patrick_Tuttle1
Collaborator

Thanks for the response.  Yes that's exactly what we are trying to use it for.  Managing Lic and contracts.

It doesn't even look like it fits with the R80 look and feel that's why I was wondering if its even supported.

-pat

0 Kudos
Patrick_Tuttle1
Collaborator

This from TAC.....hmm...now I have even more questions and concerns.

I hope al is well. From the output of your commands. I doesn’t seem to be a resource or communication issue. I did more research and it looks as if the issue is known and being worked on. 
We have found the fix for the issue we are facing. RnD team have provided us with this information
* Wait for the next jumbo hotfix. (No ETA available)
If possible please stay current with the latest Jumbo as this issue will eventually be resolved in a future fix.
Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

0 Kudos
Laurena
Explorer

Hi Patrick,

We had the same issue with the "Execution error" from a R80.20 Management server in SmartUpdate when doing a "Get Gateway Data" on R77 Gateways.

Looking at the log file /var/log/cpupgrade/suroot/log/su.elg it seems like it talks to the gateway and tries to get the version but this fails on the R77 gateways for some reason. It then copies a cpget file over to the gateway from /opt/CPsuitre-R80.20/fw1/sup/bin.

This directory contains binaries for different platforms, and because it’s failing to identify the version it defaults to the “cpget_linux.exe” file which is compiled for the wrong kernel. “cpget_linux30.exe” is the one it needs. I was able to get it working by just renaming the file! It doesn't seem to have been fixed in the jumbo hotfix yet. 

0 Kudos
Alon_Alapi
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi Patrick,

I am the group manager in R&D in charge of SmartUpdate.

Since management R80.x  license management is done seamlessly by the management server and license statuses can  be viewed from SmartConsole. 

For example: The operation of attaching license with SmartUpdate is not longer needed in R80.x management (CMA gets their licenses in a seamless way).

Can you please describe your use case? for what purpose you use the get gateway data?

Thanks,

Alon

0 Kudos
listtc
Explorer

In R80.10 you need Smart Distributer for Contracts.

On Win 7 (I know) even the latest R80.10 SmartConsole SD freezes on startup

0 Kudos
SSC_Network
Explorer

Hi Alon,

I have Management with R80.40 with all the Licenses but the 1430 and 1530 SMB Appliances are not able to retrieve the license from the Management even after pushing policy.

Attempting to use Smart Update, it is **bleep** slow not responding to any click form minutes before it reacts.

Any idea why the SMBs are not getting their Licenses and why SmartUpdate is very sluggish.

Thanks for your help

Regards,

Olu

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

SMB appliances are using local licenses anyway, why do you want them to show in SmartUpdate?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events