Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Taney
Advisor

SmartLog Query "Favorites" Storage Location?

Does anyone happen to know where SmartLog Query Favorites are stored in R77.30? I am going to be upgrading our Primary Management Servers to R80.10 sometime this month and the question was raised as to whether these would be preserved during the migration? One user, in particular, has about 3 dozen saved / favorited queries that he relies on pretty heavily. 

Since R80.10 has Views, I'd eventually like to convert these favorites to Views, as they would be valuable to our whole group. But, in the meantime, if these queries aren't stored in the CP Database (I couldn't find them searching for them by name in GuiDbEdit), I'd like to know where they are stored so they hopefully somehow be preserved. 

Thanks in advance for any insight anyone has!

-Dan

R80 CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

For the SmartView Tracker, custom log queries are stored on the SmartConsole system in the TrackerTree.C file as documented here:

sk39268: How to migrate Custom Queries from one SmartView Tracker to another

For R77.30 SmartLog, favorite log queries are stored up on the SMS here:

$SMARTLOGDIR/data/users_settings/admin/Bookmarks_Custom.xml

Not sure if these will survive a SMS upgrade to R80+ and appear in the new SmartConsole or not; however this Bookmarks_Custom.xml file is included in a migrate export which is a good sign.

--
My Book "Max Power: Check Point Firewall Performance Optimization"
Second Edition Coming Soon

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
Daniel_Taney
Advisor

Thanks, Tim! I knew someone would know the answer!

R80 CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
Daniel_Taney
Advisor

Just to close the loop on this, in case anyone else has the same concern, it appears these Custom Queries did survive the SMS upgrade to R80.10. That said, it was helpful to have an offline copy of the XML file just in case!

R80 CCSA / CCSE

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events