Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dhinesh_P
Explorer

Smart-1 25 applicances support R77.*?

Hi Team, Currently we have Smart-1 25 appliances running on R75 SPLAT and gateways are running on IPSO.We are planning to upgrade Smart-1 25 to latest version.

1.)Smart -1 25 supports R80.10?

2.)If not which is the highest version supports in SAMRT-1 25?

3.) if we upgrade SMART-1 25 to latest version if any issue compatible issue to Gateways which is running on IPSO?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

as far as I'm aware those SMART-1 boxes won't run R80 but the max you could go is 77.30.

I might be wrong but I think the "core" architecture won't allow you (unless tweaked if so) to run R80.xx GAIA.

let me see if there is any docs on support site for it ...

Jerry
0 Kudos
Dhinesh_P
Explorer

Thanks Jerry for the information.

Could you please confirm Smart-1 25 appliance supports R77.30?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Yes, the Smart-1 25 will run R77.30.

0 Kudos
Dhinesh_P
Explorer

Thanks for the information.

If I upgrade smart -1 25 to R77.30 gateways running on ipso having any compatible issue??

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

No, you should still be able to manage your IPSO gateways just fine.

0 Kudos
Dhinesh_P
Explorer

Thank you very much for the information.

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

As noted in the link below, only a Smart-1 25b supports R80.10.  The difference between a Smart-1 25 vs. 25b is 4GB of RAM in the 25b as well as a slightly upgraded 2-core processor (Intel Core2 Duo Processor T7400 2.16 GHz). 

Support Life Cycle Policy | Check Point Software 

Note however that "supported" will definitely NOT mean "runs with good performance" in this case.  The 25b is literally scraping against the bottom of the barrel in regards to hardware specifications to run R80.10, and the lack of at least 4 cores will mean SmartLog/Log Indexing will not be enabled.  I'd strongly suggest trading your 25b in for a new Smart-1, as I can pretty much guarantee you will not be happy with the management performance of that box under R80.10+ in anything other than a lab environment.

--

CheckMates Break Out Sessions Speaker

CPX 2019 Las Vegas & Vienna - Tuesday@13:30

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

indeed as Tim mentioned - 4GB or RAM I think you can forget about the SMS for R80.xx I'm afraid so 77.10/30 would be your best bet if you want to keep that device "operational".

R75.47*, R77*, NGSE, R80**, R80.10**

see the page "Appliances Support"

sorry to be bad-message postman Smiley Happy

Jerry

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events