cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sharma_Prashant
Participant
Jump to solution

Remote backup

Due to the space limitation , I need to take backup directly to the FTP server,using below format;

FW01>add backup ftp ip VALUE path /some/path/ username VALUE password plain

How do I confirm on the integrity of the file uploaded to FTP server so I can restore it with confidence without any disaster.?

Best Regards,

Prashant

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

If it's an option, try restoring backup on a similar device or VM (with adjusted interface names) in the lab Smiley Happy

Else just try opening the compressed tar ball either from CLI or use any app that can handle TGZ, TAR archiving. See if you can browse through contents.

I haven't seen once backup file failing but never say never

View solution in original post

Markusevc
Employee
Employee

Just my two cents; i would create a script that verifies the md5 hash of original file and transferred file. If there is a deviation report this error via mail.

Security Solutions Expert for Global Strategic Partners GSI/MSP/Telco & Consultancy Firms

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

If it's an option, try restoring backup on a similar device or VM (with adjusted interface names) in the lab Smiley Happy

Else just try opening the compressed tar ball either from CLI or use any app that can handle TGZ, TAR archiving. See if you can browse through contents.

I haven't seen once backup file failing but never say never

Markusevc
Employee
Employee

Just my two cents; i would create a script that verifies the md5 hash of original file and transferred file. If there is a deviation report this error via mail.

Security Solutions Expert for Global Strategic Partners GSI/MSP/Telco & Consultancy Firms
0 Kudos
Ofir_Shikolski
Employee
Employee

I would recommend to review Indeni:

https://www.checkpoint.com/downloads/support-services/support-programs/opsec/sb-indeni-checkpoint.pd... 

Check Point Firewalls | Indeni 

how to verify backup?

a. test the tgz file on source and dst machines 

# tar -tvzf <file name> 

b. compare MD5 on source and dst machines 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events