cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lincoln_Webber
Participant

RSA 2FA for R77.30 SmarDashboard Administrators

Hi Guys,

I need some help in clarifying some concepts related to 2FA with RSA.

I see in the R77 Management Admin Guide in the "Authenticating the Administrator" section: 

Capture.PNG

• Can someone explain what is meant by "Single Transaction Mode" as referenced in the image above?
  • What does the SmartDashboard login window look like when R77.30 is configured for SecureID 2FA

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Basically SmartConsole/SmartDashboard only allows you to enter ONE password, not multiple as can be required with SecurID authentication at times (e.g. next token mode, among others).
The login screens will not look any different.
In practical terms, it means the administrator entering the password/pin plus the 6 digit code from the SecurID token as the password or similar.
How you configure that on the SecurID server, I have no idea.

0 Kudos
Lincoln_Webber
Participant

Thanks PhoneBoy.

0 Kudos
DeletedUser
Not applicable

Also not sure how that would look in the RSA SecurID config. In Okta there is an option to pass a OTP with the password request so will work with a SmartDashboard UI not designed for 2 factor challenge requests. See this discussion: 

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Remote-Access-Solutions/Technology-Partner-News-Okta-MFA-for-Che...

0 Kudos
biskit
Advisor

I haven't used RSA for a while but in years gone by it always used to be the case that in the password field you'd simply enter your PIN and OTP (without spaces) and hit go.  That would work.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events