cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_Gademsky
Employee
Employee

R80.XX Administrator Name (Friendly)?

I have several R80.10/R80.20 MDS that I administer, and have been trying to find a way to get a 'Friendly' name to show versus the "Administrator Name" for various tasks (looking at policies being installed, looking on the MDS via cli to see who is logged in to various CMAs).  The Administrator Name is usually an employee ID number, which is usually pretty cryptic when there is a large number of Admins. The administrator profile has the "Contact Details" with the real user name in it, which is what I'd like to see when I'm trying to find out information without having to go to the permission & Administrators tab and then look at the Admins for details.

Does anyone have a solution in place for this?

PG, CCSM

4 Replies
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Thanks for bringing this up, wanted to ask the same!

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The API for the show-session call does not include the "friendly" admin name, only the username.

Most likely this would require an update to the API, or additional API calls to dereference the username.

0 Kudos
Ron_Izraeli
Employee
Employee

Hi Paul,

Check out SmartConsole Extensions platform where you can create your own web applications and integrate them inside SmartConsole.

In your case, you can add a tag/comment yo the administrator object with the friendly name and have your web application display connected administrators with their friendly names.

Paul_Gademsky
Employee
Employee

HI Ron, I spent some time at CPX360 in Vegas going over the API and SmartConsole Extensions, and see the benefit it can provide. Hadn't thought about the tag/comment aspect for the friendly name, sounds like a viable solution. Will report back once I have a chance to try this out.

PG, CCSM

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events