Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patrick_Tuttle1
Collaborator

R80.20 Newly Promoted Primary Manager as a Gateway not a Host ?

Hello;

We just promoted using the procedure in the R80.20 admin guide, our secondary manager to a primary. 

All seemed to go well but a few hours later logging stopped displaying in dashboard from the primary and was logging from the secondary in dashboard yet the logs are going to the primary as seen in the cli and the gateways have connections established on port 257 to both managers.

The gateways are configured for both manager / log servers.

We also notice that the 2 primary log servers are listed twice in dashboard on the right under log servers.

We then realized that the new primary is a Check Point Gateway object not a Check Point host.

Not sure if this could be causing any weird problems like this.

We are able to install policy with the primary without any problems.

I guess R80 did a way with  the conversion but we are not even sure this could be a problem or not.

Any help / direction would be appreciated

Thanks 

-pat

3 Replies
Alessandro_Marr
Advisor

Take a look on take for r80.20... i suggest you change your manager to R80.20 M2

Patrick_Tuttle1
Collaborator

Thanks for the info but We can only deploy GA code in our Company and Our understanding is that the "M" series is essentially new features and fixes before GA code is released. 

Unless I'm wrong?

Patrick_Tuttle1
Collaborator

Update to this.   

TAC had us do sk116335.  Even though We are not using SmartEvent / Eventia Analyzer.  Running the script  "clean_dbsync_tables.sh"  got rid of our duplicate log server and fixed our logging problems.

Still strange with one of our Managers being listed as a gateway object and the other as a host. but everything seems fine.

-pat

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events