Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryan_St__Germai
Advisor

R80.20 Gaia 3.10 and IPv6

I noticed that a known limitation of the 3.10 kernel is no IPv6 support. We are planning on doing a fresh install of this release on new hardware in the coming months. While we do not actually use IPv6 we do have IPv6 addresses assigned to our gateways and several objects along with their IPv4 addresses. We were previously in the process of migrating but hit a snag with our upstream provider. Since 3.10 does not support IPv6 will we run into issues when migrating to the new hardware or will we not have an issue since we dont actually process IPv6 traffic just have IPv6 addresses assigned?

I guess simple answer is remove the IPv6 addresses. When we do eventually migrate to IPv6 it would be nice to not have to re-add the addresses though.

Thanks!

5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You won't be able to assign IPv6 addresses at the Gaia OS level without IPv6 support.

That said, you can leave IPv6 addresses configured in your access policy.

Ryan_St__Germai
Advisor

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Dorit_Dor
Employee
Employee

This is only temporary limitation.

By the end of the quater, we should be able to support the missing scenarios in new linux too. Consider being part of early availability if this is relevant (contact the early availability team) 

Davy_De_Mits
Explorer

Hi,

In sk141173 I still see IPv6 not supported on the Gaia 3.10 kernel.

Is there any new information on when IPv6 would be supported?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Dorit_Dor
Employee
Employee

sk141173 Speaks about R80.20 with 3.10 linux kernel.

As promised, this limitation is resolved in R80.30 3.10 linux. 

This version is available in early availability and is already in GA for certain scenarios. Feel free to use the fuller 3.10 linux R80.30 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events