Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Soumik_Roy
Explorer

R80.10 MDS issues with detaching expired licenses from domain management servers

I have a weird issue with SmartUpdate.

I have a R80.10 Provider-1 Server with 5 domains. I have attached eval licenses to the respective domain management servers. The issue I am facing is that the licenses have expired and I am unable to detach them from the MDS.

I can ligin to the CLI and delete the expired licenses. However, when I login to SmartUpdate, I can see that the license is still attached to the Domain servers. 

There was a known limitation "01885337" for R80 which was supposedly fixed in R80.10

Can someone from the community please help me understand how to  detach these unwanted licenses from SmartUpdate

Regards,

Soumik

0 Kudos
8 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

The issue is purely cosmetics. If it is bothering you, you can open a support request so someone could assist you cleaning them off.

0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Did you detach them using MDS IP SmartUpdate or actual CMA IP? try using SmartUpdate with CMA IP and see if you can delete license there

0 Kudos
Soumik_Roy
Explorer

Yes, I am able to detach the licenses from the individual management server SmartUpdate.

However it still does not reflect on the main MDS Smartupdate GUI.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

For many years, I was not recommending my customers to use MDS central SmartUpdate, it has lots of issues. 

Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Same here - the "central" MDS level SmartUpdate was impossible to keep in sync with reality, we raised many SRs over the years but it never got fixed Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Well, I have been fighting with Domain licenses since I have been on R80.10 (first step into R80.x) but currently I found a way that seems to work. Local licenses need to be removed from GAIA WebUI or CLI. When you collected the license into the SmartUpdate you need to just do a get license to get rid of it.

All Doman blade licenses are licensed to the IP of the MDS itself and added to the repository, once you add the license they will be added. When you add the file twice, it will just add them to the repository twice and you can use them....

Somewhere around jumbo take 73 there were some updates to the License handling and this improved a bit, but not much, before I could not remove any license from a domain and ended up with 5 Domain licenses on a domain. Finally with GuiDBedit (under TAC scrutiny) I was able to make some changes that allowed me to finally remove the licenses from the domains and start over again and properly assign the right license to each domain. 

Regards, Maarten
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

@Maarten_Sjouw i know this is really old case but do you happen to remember TAC case number or where in DB you edited that? I'm facing the same issue now after upgrading to new type licenses on MDS and I'm trying to delete old CPSB-DMN-xx licenses that are "stuck" on domains now

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

I have checked the cases around that timeperiod but could not find the case related to this issue.
I do recall that there was a reference in the database that was blocking the removal, once you remove that, you can remove the license.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events