Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alan_Dressner1
Contributor

R80.10 MDS Restore FWM PND Status

Recently restored an R80.10 mds backup to a virtual lab for testing and such. I have compaired the output of the lab and production via 'cpinfo -y all' command and they are exactly the same. No space issues are present in the lab. However the output of mdsstat has FWM as in PND state. I am unable to get CPM started because of this issue. Can anyone provide some assistance so I can get this lab up?

I could also see how this could be a problem as if there was a failure and a MDS restore had to be preformed this would not be a position anyone would be to be in. The purpose of the MDS restore is to get back to where you were before the failure. Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

With the backup restore it will take considerable time to re-build SOLR DB and as a consequence FWM will stay in PND state. For us it takes an hour or so. It's long but stil quite an improvement as first R80 backup restore SOLR part took over 24hrs Smiley Happy So just sit and wait. All depends how powerful is you VM

Else make sure that you are not running on small RAM size

0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

And if you have many domains suggest starting one at a time just to confirm that they start up ok instead of waiting for all

Alejandro_Mont1
Collaborator

Is the leading VIP the same? If not you need to make some changes, sk25811 details the procedure for R77.30 and below. I don't remember if it is the same for R80x.

0 Kudos
Alan_Dressner1
Contributor

Yes, both the production and LAB have the same interface for the leading VIP and same IP address for the VIP.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Please be careful that your email signature isn't included when you reply to threads via email.

This contains information you may not public.

Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Restore would overwrite all IPs even if you created VM with different one Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events