cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Juan_Carlos
Contributor

[R80.10] - HA mgmt : force full sync in CLI

Hi all,

I have 2 HA management servers running R80.10 (1 active and the other standby of course Smiley Happy).

I am using bash scripts and I need to force (using CLI) a full sync (equivalent to "Actions" -> "Sync peer" on SmartConsole.

I tried cpprod_util and looked for a specific command but unfortunately I did not find anything relevant...

cpstop;cpstart or fwm dbload don't do what I want.

Is it possible?

Thanks!

Erwan

4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

While I could be wrong (and hope I am), there may not be a CLI way to do this.

I suspect this is probably called through CPMI.

What's the use case here?

0 Kudos
Juan_Carlos
Contributor

Hello Daemon,

I am using automatic bash scripts to remotely manage the backups of my management servers. The script connects to the management servers, checks if the server is active or standby. If it's standby it changes it to active because it's mandatory in order to launch migrate export. Once the migrate export is finished, the script sets the server back to standby status. So there is a time window during which both management servers will be active. Which should not be a problem because the server is changed back to standby. But when it is back to standby status it's not possible to synchronize (NGM failed to synchronize) IF there was a change/publish on the other management server. The only workaround I've found is to force a full sync with the GUI. That's why I'm looking for a CLI way to do it Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Definitely makes sense as a use case.

Just not sure if there's a CLI to kick this off.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I checked with R&D and confirmed what I suspected: there's no CLI to get off management sync via the CLI.

It is in the plans to address this in the future, but don't know the specifics.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events