Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nico_V
Participant

Proxy ARP on VSX, confusion about the local.arp file format

Hello, I am attempting to configure Proxy ARP on a r80.10 VSX. I am confused by the documentation.

At the page Configuring Proxy ARP for Manual NAT:

Expand the "Procedure for Gaia OS in VSX mode - R76 / R77 / R77.10 and above - context of any Virtual System, other than VS0 (VSX itself)" section

Expand: "VSX Cluster in High Availability or VSLS mode".

The example instructs to create a file in the following format:

IP_address_of_Host_1_that_should_be_published    MAC_address_of_interface    Real_IP_address_of_interface

But then it shows the following:

20.30.40.3    00:A0:C9:E8:C7:75    192.168.196.1

I am confused by the 192.168.196.1, since the "ifconfig" output presents 102.168.196.2 as the interface IP. Why is the guide suggesting to use .2, where does that ip come from? I suspect a typo but would like some confirmation.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Your question is absolutely valid. The example in this SK has an error. Follow the instructions and disregard the example. I will ask SecureKnowledge team to fix this

Nico_V
Participant

Thank you Valeri Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

It could be from a mixup when cluster Proxy ARP is setup, keep in mind that when you do setup Proxy ARP on a cluster you need to make sure the real IP is the IP of the cluster member itself not the VIP.

Mostly Proxy ARP will be used to be able to use an extra IP out of the range on the external Interface for NAT purposes and this means they are mostly in the same range, all other IP ranges would not work, so the example shown will not be very likely to work.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

There is no mixup. The solution works flawlessly

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events