cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Periodic update failures

I am seeing in multiple installations periodic failure of the updates. Most frequent ones are the AB/AV with the message stating that the contract verification has failed due to connectivity issues. As a rule, it resolves by itself in a few hours.

However, until it resolved, we have a big fat red "X" in the status of the gateways and servers.

So my questions are:

1. Why is this such a persistent problem?

2. Why can't the grace period be extended on transient notifications and the Status for them be indicated by, for example, a yellow "Warning" rather than red "Failure"?

Regards,

Vladimir

6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

We'd have to troubleshoot when it was going on to determine the exact cause. As for extending the grace period, seems like a reasonable request.
0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

I am presently staging an environment with 10 gateways. Now an then one of those complains about the issues described above, but few hours later Status changing to "All is well".

Needless to say, those are configured identically and should there be any configuration issues, those would've been consistent.

I've seen the same behavior in at least three other environments and , because of the transient nature of these errors, I am inclined to suspect CP's services availability.

As to the notification icon in the status monitor, it would go a long way to assure clients that it is not an imminent problem requiring immediate attention and efforts.

0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

We saw this behaviour on all of our customers gateways and ends up in a lot of trouble.  Admins calling in and states there are problems with the gateways because they see a red X. As Vladimir wrote, that's not a real problem but brings a lot of discussions. Most of the times the problem is gone after 2-3 hours. And sometmes SmartMonitor isn't updated, you have to close the GUI and restart to get the actual state.

This is a very confusing problem, should be solved quickly.

ED
Advisor

We are used to see "Applications update failed" often. When talking with others about this problem they just say, wait and it will be fixed by itself. Everyone just accept that it happens.

Josh_B
Contributor

I see this also, occasionally. It always goes away and most of the time it's Anti-Virus/Anti-Bot. Today it's just Anti-Bot and on one gateway. When I check into it, I can reach the URL's from the gateways. Very odd, but I seem to remember another thread on this issue I believe.

Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Gentlemen,

Please "Kudo" the original post if you would like to get Check Point's attention on this subject.

I am not asking this for self-promotion, but for all of us to actually benefit from this forum instead of just venting our frustration.

Thank you,

Vladimir

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events