Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nima_Chogyal
Contributor

Well Im working on a case and i did a ton of research aswell but is it possible to block openVPN traffic using third party VPN softwares and stop the people in the network from abusing the internet and clogging the bandwidth?

I am about to upgrade the gaia OS from R77.30 to R80.00 and will that be of any help?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You can do this in R77.30 with Application Control.

You can also block many anonymizers (which are basically VPNs).

I have a rule similar to this on my R80.10 gateway, which can also be implemented on R77.30 as well:

View solution in original post

5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You can do this in R77.30 with Application Control.

You can also block many anonymizers (which are basically VPNs).

I have a rule similar to this on my R80.10 gateway, which can also be implemented on R77.30 as well:

Nima_Chogyal
Contributor

Will this rule effect their IPsec VPN between their branch offices and the HQ or will it only block third party VPN apps.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

As is that rule will block all OpenVPN VPNs.

You can create a rule above this one that allows specific hosts to use OpenVPN to specific destinations.

Václav_Brožík
Collaborator

I do not recommend using the version R80. Though it is still officially supported it has not been updated by a jumbo hotfix since 22 September 2016!

Please install R80.10 instead. In my experience even though it is much newer it is considerably more stable with the public jumbo hotfix. It is also the officially recommended version.

0 Kudos
Moti
Admin
Admin

Agreed , this is the recommendation from Check Point as well

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events