Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alec_Ritter
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus
Jump to solution

Looking for documentation regarding our management API's limitations

Hello, I'm currently trying to figure out the following:

1. Whether or not our API can deploy policy rules / packages on R80.20 GW/Management devices

2. Whether or not an R80 management platform can utilize the API to make changes on R75 or below gateways.

I've looked here Check Point - Management API reference and here API Reference Guide  but was unable to find it. I'm not necessarily looking for the answers, but rather a place to find them. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The correct answer is: release notes of the version of management you are using.

Basically, if you can manage those versions at all, they can be managed thru the API.

Specific to your questions:

• Only R80.20 and above can manage or push policies to R80.20 (though a more recent R80.10 jumbo allows this with some limitations)
  • Any current R80.x release can manage policy on gateways R75.20 and above (including via API)
    • Earlier versions MAY work but it is not officially supported 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The correct answer is: release notes of the version of management you are using.

Basically, if you can manage those versions at all, they can be managed thru the API.

Specific to your questions:

• Only R80.20 and above can manage or push policies to R80.20 (though a more recent R80.10 jumbo allows this with some limitations)
  • Any current R80.x release can manage policy on gateways R75.20 and above (including via API)
    • Earlier versions MAY work but it is not officially supported 
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events