Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant

License Expired when upgrade SMS from R80.10 to R80.20

Hello friends,

Has anyone else had this problem when updating?

We have tried to perform an advance migration, with a clean installation and importing data with the migrate tools, and also I tried have done it directly with the CPUSE.
We always get the same expired license problem.

If we access to the license status page from Gaia web, the state of the license and blades is blank.

However, from the Smart Update console, we see that the licenses are attached, and that the contracts are still there.

Thanks in advance,

Angel.

10 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

What do you see if you do cplic print from the CLI of the SMS?

R80 CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

After you run the command above, it looks like its attached, try to unattach and then reattach the license in SmartUpdate. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

This might be a silly question, but did you change the IP address of the server during the upgrade? 

R80 CCSA / CCSE
Highlighted
Participant

Hi,

Cplic print output the license details correctly but not showing contracts.

I tried to deatach and attach again with same results

I didn't change IP address...

Thanks...

El 5 dic. 2018 22:03, Daniel Taney <donotreply@checkpoint.com> escribió:

CheckMates <https://community.checkpoint.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: License Expired when upgrade SMS from R80.10 to R80.20

reply from Daniel Taney<https://community.checkpoint.com/people/b4b37152-d764-4c4d-b1a6-25430ade17ab?et=watches.email.thread> in Management - View the full discussion<https://community.checkpoint.com/message/34427-re-license-expired-when-upgrade-sms-from-r8010-to-r80...>

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

That is strange. Have you tried manually importing your contracts file file the command line? You should be able to download the XML file of your contracts from User Center. SCP that file over to the management server and run:

cplic contract put /path_to/ServiceContractFile.xml

sk33089: What is a Service Contract File?

If that still doesn't work, you may want to put a call into account services. I've had weird licensing / contract issues arise during upgrades in the past and they were pretty good at quickly seeing what was wrong.

Good luck!

R80 CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Champion
Champion

I would install the contract file manually on the GW:

- Download it from UserCenter > MyAccounts > Accounts > Products > Manue on right side > Get Contracts file

-  install the Service Contract File on GW with CLI:  # cplic contract put -o <file name>.xml 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

We posted the same response at the same time... weird! Smiley Happy 

R80 CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Champion
Champion

As we both read that licenses were ok, but contracts not, ithis ws the most sensible answer...

Highlighted
Participant

Thanks to all for your replys..

Mysteriously, after the weekend, the expired license error in SmartConsole login window had disappeared, and we can access from this.

It also show us that we have the smartevent in trial period, strange.

I try to import manually xml contracts file, and the Network Policy Management is already licensed

I I'll talk with support...

thanks so much.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Champion
Champion

It will talk to CP and update license information...

0 Kudos