cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vladimir
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Is migrate Import on Higher Take possible?

Working with one of the clients that sat on the deployment for a while.

I have a "migrate export" tgz from staging environment created on Check_Point_R80.10_T421_Gaia.iso with JHFA T112.

Can I perform "migrate import" on a VM freshly installed from Check_Point_R80.10_T462_Gaia.iso, or should I replicate the original source environment?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What matters is what version of the migration tools were used.

Assuming it's the R80.10 version of these tools, you should be able to import it to an R80.10 version, even at a higher JHF level. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RickHoppe
Advisor

When looking into sk108902 it states the following but I expect this relates to versions and not Jumbo Hotfix Takes or newer builds. 

Can you restore
from different version ?

Upgrade is performed
when importing to
a newer version

Nevertheless, I do expect the migration tools of the newer build (you should use this to create the export) to deal with differences between both R80.10 builds when importing it into the newer R80.10.

My blog: https://checkpoint.engineer
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

In ideal world, using latest tools on the old source is not an issue.

In this particular situation, staging environment is no more and the only source of the data was exported from Check_Point_R80.10_T421_Gaia.iso with JHFA T112.

As this is a transition between same major release, it may just be supported.

I'd like to hear an official "Go", "No Go" from Check Point on this one.

RickHoppe
Advisor
This puts the original question in more context now. I’m curious too for the official answer in this specific case.
My blog: https://checkpoint.engineer
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What matters is what version of the migration tools were used.

Assuming it's the R80.10 version of these tools, you should be able to import it to an R80.10 version, even at a higher JHF level. 

Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Thanks! 

This is what I've suspected, but wanted to confirm before deploying new management VMs.

I'll let you know if it works.

_Val_
Admin
Admin

It is still safer to use the target version migration tools. One thing you should beware is some subtle changes in the DB schema between HFAs. Most probably it is not the case, but I would suggest to use both tools source and target migration tools (with config files) in the lab before moving forward.  

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events