Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Taney
Advisor

Is There a Best Practice Procedure for Making Topology Changes On A Cluster?

Good afternoon everyone! I need to make a topology change to a Gateway Cluster where I want to move an interface off a trunk port (bonding group) onto its own dedicated link.

For example, I have VLAN 10 configured, with an IP, on bond0. Bond0 is an 802.3ad PortChannel back to a Cisco switch configured as a trunk. I want to move this to bond2 where bond2 is an 802.3ad PortChannel back to a Cisco switch configured as an access link on VLAN 10. 

My somewhat specific example aside, this got me wondering if there was a recommended process for making these types of topology changes? It seems like it is a bit of a juggling act between making the changes in the proper sequence in GAIA and then dealing with the Topology in SmartConsole. Also, could it be with near "zero downtime" by modifying the Standby member first and then flipping over?

I was messing around with it in our test lab and seemed to be getting unstable results!

R80 CCSA / CCSE
2 Replies
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

See this thread for this exact subject. Do NOT execute "Get Interface with Topology":

https://community.checkpoint.com/message/13276-re-adding-an-interface-in-clusterxl-high-availability... 

Daniel_Taney
Advisor

Great! Thank you!

R80 CCSA / CCSE

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events