Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Myo_Min_Zaw
Contributor

IPSO migrator tools including SIC key information migration from IPSO-390 to 5600 Gaia Gateway?

Dear Expert,

I would like to ask some things regrading about IPSO migrator tools usage as per below:

1. IPSO migrator tools including SIC key information migration from IPSO-390 to 5600 Gaia Gateways in VRRP mode? And that tools support for 5600 models?

Migrating IP-Series Appliances to Gaia Running on 2012 Appliances 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The IPSO Migrator should work for the 5600 but only for the OS settings.

All the policy configuration is on the management and you will have to establish SIC to the newly migrated gateway as part of this process.

Myo_Min_Zaw
Contributor

Thank you, Dameon for your great input. If you don't mind it, where to save SIC key location in management server please?

And, make it this way as:

1. If management backup at existing server and restore to new management.

2. Backup at IPSO-390 appliance and restore to 5600 Gaia with IPSO migrator tool. 

3. It can be established SIC key without resetting SIC process.

Cause I need to perform above migration process of the largest org and limited downtime also.

Thanks a lot!! 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

We do not provide a mechanism by which to transfer a SIC certificate from one system to another.

Even if you could, you would most likely still need to push a new policy to the updated gateway anyway since the target platform/versions will be different.

0 Kudos
Myo_Min_Zaw
Contributor

Dear Dameon,

Thanks for your comment and quick reply. I get it what is your point. I agree that anyway we need to push down the gateway policies, licenses, topology and all of config from management server even manage to restore SIC key...

Thanks and very much appreciated also!!

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events