Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vladimir
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

IPS "Clear Staging" does not change Indicator

When IPS getting updates, those are placed in a "Staging" mode, indicated by the yellow "Detect" icon with superimposed blue clock face.

Right click allows you to perform "Clear Staging" action, that supposed to take effect after the "Threat Prevention Policy" is installed:

However, there is no change in the icon that signifies that the particular protection was cleared. There is only an increment of the unpublished changes:

Should the changes be published, the counter is zeroed-out, but the protection icon remains the same.

Furthermore, even after "Clear Staging" action on protection is performed, it is still remains as an active option in the right-click menu for the same protection. This makes it impossible to discern what protections were cleared from staging until after policy installation:

Will this be fixed in R80.20 or is there any other way to discern which protections were cleared and what will be the resultant action on them once they have been cleared?

Thank you,

Vladimir  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

From Check Point:

Dear Vladimir,

RE: IPS Clear Staging does not change appearance of the protection

Just an update for you.  Development has found the issue and are working on a fix.  ETA unknown at this moment.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi, I think that this is an issue with the GUI. I suppose restarting the app will show it as cleared as expected.

We would like to fix that as a jumbo update for R80.10. Please open a support request.

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Tomer, I've opened the Service Request # 1-9973763231.

Suggested course of action from CP was to filter the protections by selecting "Staging" checkbox and to clear those from there.

Doing that does remove cleared protections from filtered list, but it does not tell you what the resultant action according to your policy will be.

Additionally, it still does not address the issue with "Clear" action being available from all protections view with the results described above.

So it does look like GUI issue that need be addressed.

Thank you,

Vladimir

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Are you sure that was the correct SR number? I can't seem to find it.

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

OK, thank you. TAC updated us that they are on it.

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Tomer,

TAC is requesting additional info from me, but I am already done with this project and just wanted to bring this issue to your attention.

Since it is easily reproducible in lab environment, can you may be let them know to take over this issue without me being involved?

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

We will add this issue. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Thank you!

vlad@eversecgroup.com

+1.973.558.2738

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

From Check Point:

Dear Vladimir,

Just an update for you.  Development has found the issue and are working on a fix.  ETA unknown at this moment.

Vladimir
Champion
Champion

From Check Point:

This should be a part of the next HFA.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events