cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create a Post

I Can't see any correlated logs ( Smart Event logs) from Gateway CP5400 in Smart 1 Management R80.10 server. The Logs

I have R80.10 CP 5400 Security Gateway running managed by Smart 1 210 Management server in R80.10 version.

After the Successful installation of gateway in production. I cannot see any logs in Log & Monitoring section.

Can you please advice?

Also i get the attached error on Log & Monitoring screen.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Admin
Admin

Re: I Can't see any correlated logs ( Smart Event logs) from Gateway CP5400 in Smart 1 Management R80.10 server. The Logs

If you are running a Smart-1 210 with SmartEvent, Security Management, and Logs simultaneously, that's not supported with R80.10. 

This is due to the fact R80.10 requires significantly more resources and the Smart-1 210 does not have quite enough to run all of these tasks simultaneously. 

Refer to the Check Point R80.10 Release Notes  specifically this table:

More specifically, the statement at the bottom: Smart-1 25b, 205, and 210 appliances can run Security Management OR Log Server OR SmartEvent.

The Smart-1 405/410 appliances were created to address this issue, and it's possible to do a trade-in--check with your Check Point account team or reseller.

As for the other bug, you might try simply uninstalling and reinstalling SmartConsole.

Otherwise I recommend engaging with the TAC.

Re: I Can't see any correlated logs ( Smart Event logs) from Gateway CP5400 in Smart 1 Management R80.10 server. The Logs

Thanks for your reply Mr. Dameon. I really appreciate . In this case, can i go a step back for Management server and run R80? but i doubt it will be able to support security gateways on R80.10.

0 Kudos
Admin
Admin

R80 has the same resource requirements as R80.10, so it wouldn't do you any good.

You would have to downgrade to R77.30.