Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yasushi_Kono1
Contributor
Contributor

How to start over migrating VSX from R77.30 to R80.10 under MDS R80.10

Hi eXperts,

I ran into the following problem while playing around in an lab environment:

MDS Server running on R80.10 (after having migrated from R77.30) and the VSX Gateway is running R77.30.

So, I used the "vsx_util upgrade" command to upgrade the VSX Cluster object Version to R80.10. Then I upgraded the Cluster nodes and did a "vsx_util reconfigure". So far, so good.

I wanted to repeat the steps for documentation purposes. So, I reinstalled the gateways (R77.30) and changed the version of the VSX Cluster to R77.30 with GuiDbedit.

vsx_util reconfigure says that there is a version mismatch which leads to an interruption of the reconfiguration process. Since, it is only a testing environment, I am not about to lose my job. But, I am curious on how you would deal with this situation.

Any hint will highly be appreciated.

Regards,

Yasushi

2 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Hi Yasushi,

I'm quite positive you've done a mds_backup before the "vsx_util upgrade" as this is what Check Point suggests when running the command, so how about running mds_restore instead of hacking the object database via GuiDBedit? Personally I tend you run MDS Servers within VMware ESXi, so I can easily revert to a previous Snapshot if something like this happens.

[Expert@MDS:0]# vsx_util upgrade

******************************************************************************************
* Note: the operation you are about to perform changes the information in the management *
* database. Back up the database before continuing.                                      *
******************************************************************************************

Cheers,

Danny

0 Kudos
Yasushi_Kono1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Danny,

thanks for your response. Yes, this is the recommended way, I agree. However, let me modify my question a bit: How could be the solution of the above mentioned issues for the purpose of better understand the underlying structure? This is for having a better understanding on doing thorough debugging. How can I pinpoint the version mismatch, which is not apparent if you have a look at GuiDbEdit?

Kind regards,

Yasushi

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events