cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anthony_Kwang
Contributor

How to rename service group called Web

Hi Guys,

Any possibility to rename the default service group called Web in Multi Domain Environment because one of the CMA is called Web as well and this caused a "name uniqueness" error.

However i wish not to change the name of the CMA and instead rename the service group called Web.

Thank you.

Anthony

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi, this is not possible unfortunately.

0 Kudos
Anthony_Kwang
Contributor

Hi Tomer,

thank you for the reply.

any workaround for this as it may defer the customer to move up to 80.10 as impact of changing CMA name is more severe.

thank you.

0 Kudos
Anthony_Kwang
Contributor

Hi Tomer,

Apparently the issue not relate to same CMA name but is the Domain Name. 

When i try to delete the domain as there is no way to remove or rename service group object, it pop an error saying  "Object References Deletion Failed"

Apparently there seem to be no way to delete or rename domain name as i consider as last resort due to service group which cause name uniqueness error. 

What will be the impact of this one the domain name level?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Anthony_Kwang
Contributor

Hi Guys,

Managed to perform the workaround. The workaround is:

1. Perform migrate export from particular CMA

2. Delete the domain from the pre R80.10

3. Create a new domain that does not have same name as Web

4. Create CMA. Do take note as Checkpoint before R80 has issue with creation of ICA after 25th Jan 18. Workaround -> set the date earlier than January 25th 18. If not the creation of CMA will failed. —-> (edited and updated) New image for R77.30 is released to fix the issue while 77.30 and below require a hotfix from tac.

5. Ensure CMA is not started as need to import CMA else it will failed. Set the date back to current date.

6. Go inside the specific CMA and delete the secondary management server object. If not the creation of secondary CMA will failed with error message.

7. Create secondary CMA 

8. Re-assign global policy if there is any

9. Test everything is OK. SIC should be fine even with hostname change on CMA as the ICA is preserved

10. Performed R80.10 export on pre R80.10 provider-1 server and import.

11. Name uniqueness error disappeared. 

*ensure licenses get exported*

Br,

Anthony

Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Nice. Once you figured out the distinction comes from the Domain name and not from the Domain Server name (product-wise we stopped saying the term CMA since R80 Smiley Happy ) then this kind of workaround could fit. Also, this is a very good detailed step by step guide. I assume when you say "create domain without starting it" you mean through command-line?

0 Kudos
Anthony_Kwang
Contributor

Hi Tomer,

Nope. i did that from the console from pre R80.10 first although i know in R80.10 it is recommended to use a command line. Smiley Happy

Br,

Anthony

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Both options (UI/CLI) are perfectly recommended. It’s just that creating a domain without starting it with R80 or R80.10 SmartConsole is only available via command line or the API. 

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events